Anyone been on Disney Cruise recently?

My last one was October 2013 but I've done 3 and I've got another coming up in January. Ask your questions and I'll try and help if I can. :flower3:

oh ok, we are going on the Fantasy in January, I guess I could call and ask but just wanted to know.
Do they still hold your passport when you board and then give it back on last morning, I read somewhere they used to do this, but not sure if they still are.
Main reason, is my sister does not have any form of photo id apart from her passport, so if they take them off us , will they accept a photo copy of the passport and KWW card to board the ship when we are in other ports. We are doing WEstern Caribbean.

I never handed my passport over. Just show them at the port when you check in, then you get it back. You can hand your passport to guest services to have it stamped in some of the ports of call. I didn't do that on the Western Caribbean but I do have a stamp from St Maarten when we did Eastern. From memory we just used KTTW to board in all ports. In fact a lot of Americans don't even travel on passports.

Our last Disneycruise was June 2014 to Alaska. You do not hand your passport over. You are required to take your stateroom keycard with you to get on and off the ship plus another form of identification like a drivers licence. We were never asked for our drivers licence. They scan your keycard and check your photo, (that was taken when checking in), with what is shown on their computer.

I did the Eastern Caribbean on the fantasy end of January earlier this year. They definitely hand back the passport (I store it in the safe with my cash etc and take it out when going ashore). I have never been on a cruise where they held onto my passport as you may need it when you visit different countries.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have. The carribean was more beautiful than I was expecting. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter