Any "new" news on Be My Guest? ADRs in 8 days

I really hope it opens up by October, but nothing has been announced yet except for late 2012. I'm sure there will be at least 10 threads on the first page within an hour of it being announced.

1) No news.
2) Cannot make ADR's.
3) No big deal.
4) Lots of other eateries.

I would disagree when it comes to the Magic Kingdom. I think it has the worst selection of restaurants. We always leave the park to have lunch at one of the monorail restaurants.

When I spoke with a CM this morning, he told me 2013!!! WHAT?!?!?! We make reservations Tuesday for our October trip......:sad::sad:

I would disagree when it comes to the Magic Kingdom. I think it has the worst selection of restaurants. We always leave the park to have lunch at one of the monorail restaurants.

1) Sorry to be vague.
2) That is what I meant.
3) So many OUTSIDE of Mk.
4) I also think MK is a cultural desert for food.

When I spoke with a CM this morning, he told me 2013!!! WHAT?!?!?! We make reservations Tuesday for our October trip......:sad::sad:

Don't ever put too much faith in what Dining line CMs say, they're sometimes no better at bus drivers when it comes to being "in the know."

I'm going in October as well, I just planned my ADRs as if BOG won't be open, but if it does, I'll just cancel one of my other ADRs. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Don't ever put too much faith in what Dining line CMs say, they're sometimes no better at bus drivers when it comes to being "in the know."

I'm going in October as well, I just planned my ADRs as if BOG won't be open, but if it does, I'll just cancel one of my other ADRs. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

That's the exact approach I'm taking. We're planning to go just before Thanksgiving and I have about 3 slots where BoG could work in if ADRs happen to open up. I have a little over a month until my 180 mark, but I'm just operating on the assumption that it won't be an option at that point and just booking other things we'd enjoy for those slots.

What I fear is how Disney Dining's system will react once the announcement is made and ADR booking officially opens up for it. I mean, that site has issues even on the best of days...imagine how messed up the site is going to be when everyone and their mother can finally try and book BoG! It will be even worse if they don't time it at the 180 mark for whatever day it will start taking ADRs. Example- let's say Nov 20th ends up being the grand opening date, but they don't release this info until July 15th...they'll be looking at nearly 2 months of guests all hitting the site at 6a ET trying to get a slot for their respective trip times. I know one supposed expert doesn't think it will cause any major drain on the site, but I can't see how it couldn't if anything like my example ends up coming to fruition.

As for the 2013 from a PP...while I agree that the CMs on the phones really have had all kinds of incorrect info on this...I read some blog the other week about the FLE where said expert was thinking that 2013 may end up being the case b/c they couldn't see any decent and safe way for them to filter guests in and out of completed areas without everything being complete. Obviously, this was just an opinion and one I'm hoping it to be off, but the reality is that we could be sitting here this time next year still asking these same questions. :worried: OH well- like RustyScupper noted, there are at least lots of other options and in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather miss out on the BoG opening and get a good dining or room discount deal for my dates (of course both would be ideal! :goodvibes)

While I see what you're saying, they may not open up ADRs until they can do so 180 days out. If I remember correctly, the last few restaurants they've opened up have had a bit of time without ADRs. They could also assign a shorter ADR period for the new restaurants in particular ie 90 or even 30 days, until it reaches the normal 6 months out.

If they do open it up for ADRs only a few months out, I still can't see it being a huge issue. I know it seems as if everyone plans waaay in advance around here, but most people going to Disney don't. Many people aren't even aware that Fantasyland is being expanded, let alone that it's being opened in phases and the specific attractions that are being opened. If they do have the forethought to made ADRs, they likely won't put that much energy into changing them later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter