Any maps of charging areas in the parks?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I know Robo has maps for just about everything, is there one that shows where I can find outlets for charging my phone in the parks? I only know of a few designated charging areas, but maybe they have added more since I was there in August '13? With MDE and my other Disney apps, I can already tell I'll be needing to charge up a few times!

I know Robo has maps for just about everything, is there one that shows where I can find outlets for charging my phone in the parks? I only know of a few designated charging areas, but maybe they have added more since I was there in August '13? With MDE and my other Disney apps, I can already tell I'll be needing to charge up a few times!

A much better bet is to buy a portable battery charger for the phone.
You can connect it while you are moving through the park and not have to
wait while the phone is charging.

HERE is a short list of some reliable popular models for between $20-$100.
There are many more out there.

You rock, Robo! Do you have a search specifically for the word "map" or do you just magically see all these posts? :worship:

At the top of my head, in Magic Kingdom, there are charging areas in Rapunzel's area, some merchandise shops, and inside the Tomorrowland restaurant.
Hollywood Studios are in some quick-service restaurants.
Epcot is inside the character spot.
Not so sure about Animal Kingdom.

You rock, Robo! Do you have a search specifically for the word "map" or do you just magically see all these posts?

I just manually check posts with titles that attract my interest.

:thumbsup2

It's MUCH easier to just buy a portable charger to throw in your bag and charge on the go. They work great and you don't waste time sitting while your phone charges.

Maybe someday, battery technology might be able to handle a full day of complex smartphone use.

Maybe.

;)

A much better bet is to buy a portable battery charger for the phone. You can connect it while you are moving through the park and not have to wait while the phone is charging. HERE is a short list of some reliable popular models for between $20-$100. There are many more out there.

I like this answer. This untethers you from an outlet. Some of these outlets are in high traffic locations where people may be forced to step over or around you at busy times. As of yet I have never seen a CM make someone move from an outlet, but I have seen people parked in some very high traffic areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter