• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any interested in making princess costume???

missytiffy

Earning My Ears
Hello. We are taking our one and only DD to WDW in October for her 3rd birthday. We have tickets to MNSSHP on 10/19. I already have a lady bug costume for her to wear on Halloween at home, but now I am thinking she would really enjoy a Disney costume while we are there. She loves the princesses, but I have yet to find a costume I like. I am really picky about fabric and material. Plus, I have always had her costume made as I like her to be original. No offense to anyone, but I don't care much for store bought costumes. Has anyone made one and have pictures they would like to share? If so, I would be willing to pay someone to make her an out-of-this world Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Belle costume. I am in Disney mode-so price is not much of an issue (DH would LOVE to heat that!) Hope I don't sound snooty, I am just a mommy on a mission. Love to hear from you all.

Tiffany

I also like quality costumes and was not happy with the ones from my local Disney Store. However at Downtown Disney I found deluxe costumes that REALLY made me happy and have stood up to years of playtime use. Good Luck.

Hi MissyTiffy - I posted the same question on this board and got some nice responses. If you scroll down under "Anyone make a Princess Dress themselves?" (under Disney for Families) you'll see about 25 responses some with photos of their dresses. We're making my DD4 Sleeping Beauty dress for MNSSHP - I got 2 different Disney dress patterns off Ebay for a total of $7.00 including shipping. Hope this helps!! Good Luck!! :D

Originally posted by viluvsdisney
Hi MissyTiffy - I posted the same question on this board and got some nice responses. If you scroll down under "Anyone make a Princess Dress themselves?" :D

See here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403243

And here's the link to the Ariel dress I had made for my granddaughter:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4117860&a=30703826&p=64095243&f=0

Although I was given suggestions on how to deal with the possibly itchy sequined material, I still think that if I had it to do again, I would use purple satin for the bodice and use dark green sequined material for the overskirt.

This pattern was a "simple" pattern and included Ariel, Snow White and Cinderella. A second pattern had Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Tinkerbelle.

I don't sew any more, but I suggest you look in the yellow pages under seamtress to find someone to make the costume for you ... or even call the local fabric shops they may be able to recommend a seamtress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter