Any help with DVA? Been on hold over 30 minutes...

asamklove

Mouseketeer
Anyone know if I can add my DVA funds to my shipboard account once I am onboard if I have my 16 digit account number? I have had no trouble paying my cruise balance and arranging some other expenses with this account, but I CANNOT for the life of me seem to be able to get anyone on the line who can speak knowledgeably about how to use the DVA money I have left.
I wanted to apply it to our pre-cruise WDW resort stay account (for MB charges), but I spent so long on hold yesterday trying to arrange that, so I just gave up and decided to apply to cruise...and now I am on hold again ;)
Thanks for any advice.

I don't believe the DVA can be used once onboard, but you can apply funds (pre-pay) to your onboard account ahead of time. You don't indicate whether you are calling DCL or DVA or whom, but I think you need to call the same DVA number designated to make a payment towards your cruise, and request to make a payment to your onboard account.

Enjoy your cruise!

You should be able to just call DCL (the same number you called to pay your cruise balance) and tell them how much you want to apply to your onboard account and then just give them your DVA number to pay for it. I have not found the people at DVA to be very helpful on the phone.

You should be able to just call DCL (the same number you called to pay your cruise balance) and tell them how much you want to apply to your onboard account and then just give them your DVA number to pay for it. I have not found the people at DVA to be very helpful on the phone.
This. I called DCL and used the DVA like a gift card.

This is what we did as well to add money from our DVA account to the shipboard account, but I think it needs to be added a few days ahead of time though.

I have added funds from my DVA to my stateroom account prior to cruising by calling 800-511-9333. On one of my cruises, out of curiosity I asked at Guest Services if I could add DVA funds to my account. They said yes, but had to do it while shoreside offices were open. They would connect me to them, I would ask them to credit my stateroom account, and then they would send some kind of alert to the ship to actually do the credit. I did not actually do this, so don't know it it actually works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter