Any AG fans...who is getting GOTY 2014

jockey

Runs for Wine!
My DD is a big AG fan, she is so excited that the New doll Isabelle is a dancer, we will be shipping her to Wdw next trip for my DD birthday

Yes, we will be getting the AG GOTY Doll. My daughter loves AG. She just got Molly and Emily for Christmas since they were being discontinued. Last year she got Saige for her birthday. They've opened a new store in my area so we're thinking of taking her there for her birthday.

My girls are huge AG fans. They got Saige, Emily and a MAG for Christmas. (They both got Molly as their first dolls several years ago.) I wasn't all that impressed with the new GOTY. I am sure we will get her since we have the others, but I am really keeping my fingers crossed for new historicals instead.

Oh dear a dancer and a fashion designer- there is no doubt my DD (7) will be begging for her the minute she sees her. DD didn't really care much about Saige last year...until all her friends started getting Saige.;) AG really has a racket going with those doll of the year dolls, I really don't think DD would have asked for Saige at all, except for the fact that she knew after December she would NEVER be able to get Saige again.

DD7 said she'd rather have Josefina. She just got Saige for Christmas and has a MAG too. DH has put the brakes on any more dolls for now. Maybe a trip to the AG store for DDs b-day will change that!!

We just got her in the mail today however we need to exchange her as she has some flaws. She's cute but I'm a little underwhelmed now that we have her.

Thanks everyone , I love the dolls too they are so cute we don't have a store here in Ireland so I usually ship to the hotel whilst in the USA. Can I ask what issues you had with the doll that you had to exchange her

My DD is a dancer, and was wanting Isabelle for the last 2 months before she was even released! Instead, we got her a Marisol from eBay (and we paid less than for a new doll!) for Christmas, so she no longer feels any desire to get Isabelle (and I have no desire for yet another doll with *long* hair to take care of!).

Since she has 5 dolls, DH has put the brakes on any more for the moment. She did get an AG gift card for Christmas, so I have a feeling she'll be getting some of Isabelle's clothes and accessories for Marisol. We are planning a trip to NY in November, so who knows what we'll end up bringing home from AG there! :rotfl:

Ugh!!! My Mother walked into my house on Friday and said to DD "I just got the new American Girl catalog and you are really going to love the Girl of Year this year. I know you're going to want this one". Seriously, did we need that broadcast and called to DD's attention right after Christmas and when Saige is already put away for her upcoming Birthday?????!!!!! :scared1::rotfl: I was hoping DD wouldn't see the catalog or Isabelle for about 6 months! ...And before you say that Mom might be getting her Isabelle for her birthday and maybe that is why she did it- Mom already has Rebecca and some of her stuff put away for her birthday because she always tries to outdo what we or her other Grandparents do...and she knows that we already have her birthday presents bought too! UGH!!!

We just got started with AG. My daughter got one of the my American Girl dolls. DD named her Bree and said she is going to go everywhere with us. (Has been on a few trips to stores with us.) She currently doesn't want anymore. She got two minis( dolls for her doll) but she does want clothes for herself and the doll. Isabella's clothes are really cute!

Thanks everyone , I love the dolls too they are so cute we don't have a store here in Ireland so I usually ship to the hotel whilst in the USA. Can I ask what issues you had with the doll that you had to exchange her

You can see some of the wig seams at her forehead, when you give her pigtails without the extension you can see the wig cap and the short hairs that usually cover it are sparse, one eye slightly turns to the side as sockets are a little uneven. There are also many complaints of the extension not staying in and rumor that they will be tweaking future stock.

My older daughter wants Marisol and is hoping for AG to come out with a new historical. My younger daughter would like Isabelle. I am waiting for a free shipping deal and I will order her. I have a store near me, but it is less expensive to get the doll online with free shipping than it is to go to the store and pick her up.

Dd got Saige for Christmas & bought Makenna (spelling?) the year before... She hasn't shown any interest in Isabella this year so I'm hoping we can skip a year?!

My older daughter wants Marisol and is hoping for AG to come out with a new historical. My younger daughter would like Isabelle. I am waiting for a free shipping deal and I will order her. I have a store near me, but it is less expensive to get the doll online with free shipping than it is to go to the store and pick her up.

You'll find Marisol on the secondary market, eBay or Craigslist. Free shipping will be in the spring around Easter.

My DD has a MAG and Saige, of whom she paid $60 of the $110 for her. She was disappointed with the new doll this year....although she was excited that Isabelle is a dancer, she was hoping she would have dark brown hair like DD. Blonde is so...boring since so many of the GOTY's are blonde. I was hoping for or some sort of ethnicity, like Hispanic, Indian, or Middle Eaastern. I was frankly surprised when I saw the new one unveiled in our Chicago store. I really thought they would go for different this year.

Our rule is, since we live in the suburbs of Chicago and all the girls have birthday parties at AG so we are there all the time, DD has to pay for her own products, and at least 1/2 for a new doll. She doesn't seem very thrilled about Isabelle, so I doubt she will want to pay 1/2 for it.

She LOVED Saige because of her pretty colored hair and freckles, like DD has across her nose and cheeks. She also loved Saige because Saige is an artist and so it DD. Other then dance, she doesn't seem to relate to Isabelle as much.

My oldest DD is a competitive gymnast so we went all out for McKenna 2 years ago---Santa even brought McKenna's bed this Christmas. My younger DD fell in love with Saige so Santa brought her as well. Neither has been that enthralled with Isabelle so doubting that we will get her, though some of the clothes may find their way home.

My daughter got Saige and Molly at the end of the year last year (Molly for Christmas, she earned money to buy Saige). She now is working towards earning enough for Isabelle…she earns part, we pay the rest. She is obsessed with the AG dolls. She has bitty twins as well but doesn't care much for them, she likes the girls with stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter