Any 1 MUST have souvenir???

We are going to Disney in June. It has been nearly twenty years since I have been. My daughter will be turning 5 while we are there She is so excited as well as me. We will be on a budget so can you tell me about how much the ears are and how much it will be to have her name on them? I saw on a website that was selling them that they were 28 dollars. Please tell me that this was a site that has inflated the price for a huge profit.

When I went in 2004 I believe the ears were less than $10 and name for free with a receipt at the emporium. Have fun. :dance3:

I like to buy a snowglobe at every place I travel to, and at disney I get one specifically themed for DisneyWorld (they have them in different price ranges $10 for small ones up to over $100 for large ones). Also at disney I like to buy a disney themed photo album for my pictures taken from that trip.

I don't know about other people, but I love to collet mugs from the places I've been! It's a good way to remember the good times while I sip my hot tea!!

Mickey Ears or Minnie Ears,A snowglobe,A stuffed animal,The Mickey/Minnie Balloon,A doll,etc.

Although the only things when I was little I got were a balloon and a stuffed animal:p I couldn't leave the magic kingdom without getting a balloon:p Once I did I was happy for the rest of my trip:p

I love the Mickey ears idea. I wonder if you could have the characters sign these. I would imagine it would be hard since they are black though. Hmmmm.

For me: resort magnetic and mug

For the kids:
Mickey Ears (first trip)
resort pin
resort mug
Potato Head *parts*
t-shirt

We always get Christmas tree ornaments!

Note on the snowglobes.....be careful......many airlines won't let you bring them on the plane as a carry-on item, due to the liquid limitations these days. Just a word of caution.

I am a sweatshirt kind of girl, so I always must get a sweatshirt or 2 when I go.I also like the pins, but not so much for trading, as I like to stick them into my badge at work. Always a conversation starter.:wizard:

I didn't read this entire thread, so I am sorry if this is a duplicate mention. I recently bought silhouettes of my two children (5 & 2). They are cut from black paper and placed on a frame mat. I purchased the frames for each. Total was $30 but something I'll hang in my living room. They are adorable. You can find the artists in MK & DTD. I have also heard Epcot but didn't look while I was there.

Thanks to the dis'ers who first mentioned this as souvenire idea!

I like the charm bracelets. You can buy a starter one for them now and when they are older they can add to it. It is also something that you can add to at other family trips not to disney. It is something my mother and grandmother did and I remember playing with them growing up. It might be a little young for the 2 year old but you could hold onto it for her.
I also like the disney straws. They have ones that the characters are wrapped around and the straws themselves curl around. It is cheap and the type of things kids love, especially when they are sick and you are trying to distract them.

We buy a Christmas ornament and charms for bracelets (both mentioned, but I think great ideas!) When DD was 1 month we went on a trip and purchased a bracelet and her first charm. We have been adding to it since, although she has never seen it, and we plan to give it to her at her high school graduation. I was so excited to get her first WDW charm!

I also am a silouette collector. I have them of my boys when they were very young 1, 4, and 6. and again when they were 8,11, and 13. I wanted them to do it last year for my birthday gift but they never did. They said they were too old 22, 27, and 29. Maybe this year when I take them all I will just sit them down.
Last year I had my grandson's first one done when he was 1. I plan on getting another every year until he will no longer sit still for it.
One hint, if you go to the DTD guy and have the silouette done he will write the name of the person and the year in beautiful calligraphy. It really made the one I have of my grandson extra special.
I also have tons of magnets, over 100 snow globes and thousands of pins, all my pj's winter and summer are Mickey Mouse from the outlet stores, lots of clothes, 48 Mickey antenna toppers...I could go on and on, you get the picture.

Oooo! So many nice ideas! Last year I really didn't give much thought to the type of souvenirs to get but I'm starting to get an idea.

My dd is interested in in pin trading this year (or at least collecting them) so most definitely we'll get a resort pin and a 4th of July pin. She has also started a small snowglobe collection so we will add this as well. Any ideas as to how to package it if I have to put it in my checked luggage?

I never paid attention to the silhouettes last time, but seeing quite a few of you mention it I'll look into it. Oh yeah, the charm bracelet too. Where can I find them? I also want to buy a dated photo album, something I wish I did last year.

Aye, my money is being spent in my head already.

My kids always have to have a new baseball hat, t-shirt, and stuffed animal. Plus, whatever new toy that we will let them bring home.
I always have to have a new Christmas onrament and shirt.
DH always has to have something firefighter related and a new shirt and hat.

Resort Mugs! And a Sombrero. Just havent quite figured out how to get that one home. :confused3

I am 34 and since i was a child, i have been collecting the ceramic figurines of the characters. I would get one each year. They can cost between $5.00 and $25.00, maybe more now. The characters have changed over the years, but i like my older ones better.

I started the same tradition for my daughters. Each year they get to pick out a new one. I have put a shelf in each of their rooms that my grandfather had made especially for me and my sister to put our figurines. My sister gave me hers since she doesn't use it.

I hope that they will keep this tradition with their children too.

I don't collect them anymore, but i like talking with my daughters about which one they think they will pick. I think it's something that they can have forever and won't just get thrown in the closet only to be thrown out in a few years.

My 7 year old likes music boxes so she will also get one each trip.

That's funny - I collected the figurines, too. I didn't seem them when we took DDs in January. Where do you find them these days?

I like the ears with their name embroidered on the back. DD2 has Minnie ears, and DD6 has the princess version (pink hat and ears with a veil). We'll bring these every time (we might have to replace the toddler-sized Minnie ears eventually!).

I like the charm bracelet idea, too. DD6 bought one, but who knows where it is now.

And I love the Potatoheads, too. I bought those for DD2.

Its my DD's first time going so Im not sure what her 'thing' will be...although Im pretty sure it will be princess related! princess:

For me, I always get magnets for the fridge and a keychain for my keys and a sweatshirt and a nice picture frame...I kinda get myself alot huh? :confused3 :rotfl:
DH will probably get a pair of shorts or a hat...or both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter