Anxious-please Help!

truescorp

Mouseketeer
ANXIOUS!To go or not to go before scheduled trip?
I have posted on many of these boards recently, in anticipation of our Oct 7-14 trip, but we are getting so anxious, we are now contemplating going early and staying one night at Travelodge Maingate East for $45.We have issues that may seem trivial, but I value the poster's on this site's opinions so much that I am willing to disclose.
If we go Saturday, we will spend Sunday at MK, since we heard it is slow on Sunday. Do you'all think it will be slow the sunday before Columbus day on Oct 8?
DISADVANTAGES:We will miss my son's flag football games on this Saturday, and then next Saturday also. He's 6 and could care less one way or another, but I dont want him looked at as a slacker.I will also miss a women's group meeting on Saturday. I know that sounds silly also-but I am new to my city and just recently got involved in this group and have met a good friend through it. The charter members will be there on Saturday and will have info for us.There's also the issue of spending more money than we planned. Yes, only $45 for the room, but there is going to be more food costs now too.
The last disadvantage is I have already set up some priority seating that I will have to change:Coral Reef, Crystal Palace. I heard its not that hard to get Coral Reef, but I am wondering about Crystal Palace.
ADVANTAGES-MK on a slow day? Getting to Disney early! Spending Monday, Columbus day at the resort since we will have done the most anticipated part of our trip first, we wont feel rushed to get into "Disney mode". With it being Columbus Day and with the country sure to declare war very soon, I'm not sure I want to be in the parks themselves on that day.
Well, thanks for letting me vent guys! Please reply quickly with your 2 cents!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Have you tried checking out some of the specials that Pete has listed on this site? If they are not posted above, they are over on the Budget Board-I think the Courtyard has some rooms for $29 a night-not sure if they are your times or not, but it might be worth checking out. That extra $16 would help pay for a meal!

As far as your son missing his game, IMHO that's your call. I would be willing to bet the other parents would not see him as a "slacker". And I'd bet the women's group you belong to would understand, it seems that you are a very conscientious person since you are so concerned about these issues, so I'd bet you would(or probably already have) make up for missing a meeting or a game or two. :)

I have coaced kids teams many, many years and I wouldn't consider your son a slacker just because he went on vacation and missed two games. I would consider him cruel because he didn't take me but that's another thing :).

Just my opinion, and I could be totally wrong here, but I would not count on it being slow on Sunday. The locals have been mobbing the MK on weekends looking for low crowds and being a 3 day weekend I would bet Sunday will be more crowded than usual. I personally would still go, but if you will be disappointed with crowds then I'd skip it.

I posted this same message on a number of related boards and overwhelmingly the concensus is to go early! Thanks especially to the thought given to my missing the mom's group and football games. I already called the president of the club and she was disapointed but ok with it, didnt have an attitude. We will tell the coach tonite at practice.
Those rates listed for discounts-they are for Sunday-Thursday-I called them.Thanks anyway!
If the crowds are large on Sunday, at this point, I am ok with it. I just heard that Brumsfield will be back from the Middle East on Saturday, with strikes imminent after he gets back. If Disney,(GOD FORBID) has to close again after that, at least we would've gotten MK in. I am prayerful, and know that God will keep my family and the country in His hands.
Extra prayers are always welcome though! I'll post my report when I return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter