Another where should we stay question

cognym

Earning My Ears
I, my DH and 3-yo son are planning to go WDS in first week of May. Since my son is still young, I'm only planning to go to MK and maybe AK, so we plan to spend around 3 days at the parks. My question is this

1) Is 3 days long enough for a visit of both parks? Or should we spend 2 days in MK and 2 days in AK?

2) Which lodging is most convenient for MK? We plan to go back to hotel/resort so my DS can have a rest mid-day. Which resort is the most convenient? And which resort would be the most economical AND convenient?

(We do have a car if that makes a difference).

3) Stroller - do we need to bring one or can we rent one? If so, how much is it?

Since this is my DS's first trip, I'm sure there are a lot of questions that I don't know to ask, so if you can think of any helpful tips or advices, please share.

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Ill answer, just based on my research for our trip in may

I see MANY suggestions to bring your own stroller. They have them to rent, but I told they can sell out....I plan on bringing a small umbrella stroller

access to MK is probably best from the contemporary or polynesian....the monorail goes thru both of them and straight to MK...these are both DELUXE price though

I have never been to AK, but make sure you have at least 2 days at MK. I have heard that AK does not have much inside stuff, so if its hot, plan to make that a short visit

Welcome!!!

Hang around and you will get lots of information!!! I would suggest also getting a good guide book to do some basic research. WDW has so much to offer and most of it is very much for children of any age.
What I would do is to decide how much time you can spent at WDW and then divide your days between that time. MK will be your son's favorite park, but most three's love every park including Epcot! I think you will need at least a day and a half, if not two for a first trip to the MK, but AK can be done in a day or perhaps a little less. If you had four days to spend, I think I would do a full day at Mk, a full day at Epcot and then split the last between MK and AK. If you could do a 5th, I would spend at least a half day at MGM. You will be surprised how much your child will love.

Happy planning!!!

Jordan's mom

We did the AK in one day (Sunday). My kids loved this park, especially Dinoland.

We took two days for MK, dividing up the Must sees from the want to sees. The first day we went (Tuesday) we did Fastpass for everything we could, going to nearby stuff while we waited for out time. Then on Friday (which was the most crowded day we encountered!) we went back and did the few things we didn't get to do. I LOVE FASTPASS!

We also made a PS for 8am in the MK so we got there before the park opened. Walking down Main Street with very few other people was so great. Then we had eaten and were ready to hit the attractions by 9am. It helped to get into the park before the crowds.

As for the stroller, we did it both ways. I had brought mine from home which made it easier for my 20 month old to sleep because she was comfortable. But on the last day, we had to rent since we sent our stroller home with friends (wouldn't fit in our car). The baby did not nap on the last day and didn't seem comfortable in the stroller. Also, carrying her around through the lines and the monorail and then waiting with her till we got the stroller was NOT fun. I recommend taking your own if it is feasible.

Welcome!!
I have been to WDW many times since DD was 9mo.
I would say to bring your own stroller because you will need it around your resort, DtD if you plan to go there. The ones at the park can be uncomfortable. Here's a link to info about the strollers:
http://allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm

Any monorail resort is convienent to MK but, they are all deluxe resorts with deluxe prices!!
WL is only a boat ride away from MK, and is a deluxe resort but, the prices are cheaper than the monorail resorts.

How long is your trip? Why no MGM? Playhouse Disney at MGM was a big hit for DD when she was younger. I think you should leave 2 days for MK, you could do AK half a day. It is so hot there!! DD favorite attraction is Spaceship Earth at Epcot. There is alot to do there as well. DD loves going to the countries and making the mask at the kidcot stations. People mistakingly think this park isn't for kids, we beg to differ!! Our family loves it. Illuminations at Epcot and Fantasmic at MGM shouldn't be missed. Unlessyour DS is scared of fireworks! Some kids are.

Trust me this won't be your last rip so take your time. Enjoy your resort too! Whatever you miss you can do next time;)

Let us know if you have any other questions!!

HI,
The very best thing we have done with our children when visiting WDW is to take things slow. The last time we went DD was 3 1/2 and DS was 1 1/2, both were still taking daily naps, so we did our best to make sure they still got their naps. We spent a day at the MK and DD made it to the end of the 3PM parade, and that was it for her. We also planned a lunch at the Crystal Palace to break up the day, and to let the kids meet some of the characters. My DD also enjoyed her special night out at the MK when we left DS at the hotel w/ Grandmother- it was alot of fun to take her out late and enjoy MK without her little brother along.

I always brought my own stroller, and when the kids were 3.5 and 1.5, I had a double stroller, so if either kid wanted to get out, we only had 1 stroller to push around. The stroller also reclined so it was more comfortable for naps.

You will have alot of fun.

We could have spent the whole week at the parks if we want to. We do have the time. However, I'm afraid that we all will get overloaded, so I plan to spend a few days of the week doing something else, not sure what yet... maybe spend some times on the beach.

I and my DH both want a relax vacation. We don't want to spend all the time in our vacation rushing from one attraction to the next, and we try to avoid lines as much as we can. :eek: (Fast Pass sounds like a great idea, and I'll search for more info on that). We know that we will probably go every year from now on until DS doesn't want to go anymore (how likely is THAT?) so we'll introduce him to other parks at later times.

Thanks again for all your replies!

Amy,

Because you will have a car and because you have a young child, I highly recommend either the Hawthorne Suites or Homewood Suites, both on Palm Parkway in Lake Buena Vista. They're just a very short drive from the parks (about 5-15 minutes from all Disney parks), and you'll have a large suite with a separate bedroom with a door. We love being able to put our kids to bed in a separate room while we relax in the living room and kitchen and don't have to worry about being silent so they can fall asleep. We also love the full, hot breakfast buffet that's included in the already low price of the suite (we got a rate of $109 per night for a one-bedroom suite during peak season next month). Both of these hotels are lovely--large, clean, pretty suites, attractive grounds, good breakfast, and you just cannot beat the price or the convenient location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter