Another we leave in 2 days and some of us are sick thread!!

tadamom

DIS Veteran
We leave for Disney in less than 48 hours and we have one that has strep (confirmed at the doc this morning) and one that is probably coming down with it. My SIL has it and I think my son is coming down with it - red, sore throat and a fever of 100.2. I take him and my DD to the pediatrician in the morning to get them swabbed. If they have it, I hope they start feeling better soon. We leave Saturday morning and will be driving most of the day and our first day in the park is Sunday. Hopefully they will be on the mend by then! We could use some get well pixie dust!!! Thanks for letting me vent about this, b/c I too am feeling bummed!

:hug: Oh, sorry to hear that.

THey will start to feel so much better once they start the antibiotics.

They have chewable ones now which is what I brought to WDW when my DD was sick.

I can totally sympathize with you. My DD age 7 came down with something 2 days before our big annual trip. They weren't sure what it was and tested for strep but that came back negative. Just in case and since we were leaving the next day, they gave us antibiotics. Well, she still had a fever so we ended up in ER in Florida. They said she had mono. :(

Anyway, I'll send some pixie dust your way for a fast recovery and a great trip! :wizard:

Agreed, the one good thing about strep (as bad as it can be) is it can be treated with antibiotics and the symptoms usually improve within 24 hrs of starting the AB. Make sure to get both doses of the AB in them tomorrow, by Sat. they should be feeling better but a trip in the car would be best because that'll the transition day. They should be fine and ready to go to the parks on Sunday.:thumbsup2

My dd got strep while we were in WDW a few years ago. She came down with a fever and symptoms Friday night (late), we brought her to the walk-in on Sat. morning and she was diagnosed with strep. She started her AB that day and on Sun. she spent a lot of the day in a stroller (she was 6), luckily I still was bringing the stroller. By Sun. night she was almost herself and temp free.

We have trip planned for next Fri. and dd has been out of school sick since last Thurs with a fever, cough, sinus infection and we think, the flu (we have it too)...I'm sure we'll be fine by next Fri. but I was going to take her out of school for 2 days, now I'm not sure what to do because now she's missed so much...:sad1:

I can relate, although I have 5 days to get my kids better. My DS has an ear infection and now my DD came down with strep today.:scared1: It looks like I'll be taking 2 prescriptions with me.

We went all winter with nothing but minor colds and now we are withing a week of the world and both kids are sick. :sad2:

Please pray that myself and DH stay germ free!!!

Have a good trip..stay healthy.

I'm so sorry for you! We're in a similar boat, which I won't go into here since I already have my own thread ;) , but just know that I have my fingers crossed for you!

Well, my son tested positive for strep and my daughter negative. Although they are 99% sure that she has it too. They also have developed the rash that can come with it making it scarlet fever. Please nobody freak out b/c it's just strep throat w/a rash! The pediatrician said they were still fine to go!!! Thank goodness!!! My DS got the penicillin shot since he is very sensitive to liquid medicine and my DD has a prescription to start as well today (she will take it for 5 days). They are in really good spirits and kept asking the doctor and nurses, "can we still go to Disney World", "are we gonna get to go tomorrow"!

Thanks for all the get well pixie dust -- I just looooove the people on the Dis!!

I have one who tested postive for strep Tuesday, with the rash & the white coated tongue (so it was scarlet fever). Within 24 hours of the 1st dose of antibiotics he was almost as good as new!

Have a wonderful trip!

I sympathize with you, we leave the 18th, My doctor told me yesterday I have lime disease, I have no stength, cant even squezze toothpaste, my DD5 who has been dreaming of this every night has a double ear infection, My niece who's 18 and has been dreaming of this had surgery today and is now told she cant swim for 3-4 weeks,I could use a gallon of pixie dust, my wife is just depressed, my ds14 thinks he is now going by himself and my ds2 just smiles,

Although it's terrible to say this, but it's almost better that it's strep. Strep can be treated really quickly with antibiotics! If you start them today by the time you get to Disney he will be all better! On the other hand, if it were a viral infection he would just be stuck with it until it ran it's course!

All these sick before leaving for Disney threads are making me nervous. We have had nothing but sickies in our house since the fall and I really want everyone healthy when we leave in 2 weeks!!!

Although it's terrible to say this, but it's almost better that it's strep. Strep can be treated really quickly with antibiotics! If you start them today by the time you get to Disney he will be all better! On the other hand, if it were a viral infection he would just be stuck with it until it ran it's course!
QUOTE]

I know what you mean. There are times I've been relieved when the ped says' "it's strep." I know that she'll be on the mend soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter