Another waterpark question...

Krisj

Mouseketeer
We are going in Sept with kids ages then, 9,7,5,3, and 9 mos.
I am wondering if it will be worth it. Can the 9 mos old do anything?
Also, we are trying to decide if it is best to go in the morning and do a park in the afternoon or do a park EE and then do waterpark in afternoon. Or is it just way too crowded in the afternoon to do the waterpark in Sept?

We were just at Disney a few weeks ago with 3 kids....8, 4, and 20 months. We went to Blizzard Beach. I think all the water parks have a play area for little kids which is off limits to older kids (over 48" as I recall.) There were very little water slides as well as some longer ones more geared to the 3-4 year old set. There was also one water slide that parents could do while holding an infant. My 20 month old had a pretty good time splashing around and doing some of the smaller slides. If your 9 month old likes the water, I imagine he/she might like it too.

We did go first thing in the morning following the advice of a guidebook which indicated that sometimes the waterparks fill-up and then people can't get in until very late afternoon. Initially there were very few people there, but it got more and more crowded....not so crowded that the little kids couldn't enjoy themselves though. We left around 1 p.m. for naps. I doubt if you'd have the same crowd issues in September since school will be back in session in many areas. You can probably do either the morning or the afternoon. I'd just avoid the weekends though as the 'locals' are said to have a big effect on the waterpark crowds.

Have a great trip!

We usually reserve a whole day for just the water parks, as it is one of our favorite vacation activities. Last time, though, we had a little one (20 months) and so we just went for a couple hours. One time we went in the evening and one time in the morning. The little ones usually don't last more than a few hours anyway. It is great fun - a relaxing day, mostly off your feet - very different from the pavement pounding you do at the parks. The little one can splash around, dig in the sand or ride with you on the 'lazy river' rides. Definitely a must do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter