Another Stroller questions? 6 month old lightweight stroller?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in May. We are getting a new stroller for my almost 3 year old. We have decided on getting the Mac Triumph. I am thrilled with this stroller. I LOVE how light it is... So much so that I want to get a new stroller for my will be 6 month old. My only problem is the sunshade is not big enough to cover him and he will need a stroller that reclines all the way.

Does anyone recommend a good lightweight stroller for my baby? I really do not want to lug his current stroller with us.

I never realized how nice smaller strollers were until I got one for my 2 year old.....

We just got a Mac Global Buggy for our ds #2 (edd 6/5/04!) We'll be taking it with us when he is 6 mos. It is still lightweight, fully reclines and has a bigger sunshade than the Triumph. We got last years model and saved a bundle! We also have a Mac Vogue for ds #1. It is lightweight and has a large sunshade, but doesn't fully recline. Also, Kidco makes a several strollers that are quite similar to the Macs at a much lower cost. My friend just got the Kidco LS3000 for about 1/2 what this years Global Buggy cost. It has all of the same features and seems well made. Good luck on your stroller search!:D

We got a Mac Techno XT for our 9 mo old. It reclines, has a slightly better sunshade than the others- but not much, and has handles that adjust. All in all I am happy with it in that it manuvers much more easily but it doesnt have the nice conviences of a full size- cup holders, large storage basket, cubby holes type stuff. If you get the 2004 version of it the weight limit was increased from 40 to 55 pounds.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We got a Combi Travel Savvy for our daughter last year. It folds up nicely and is fairly light. It has a good size sunshade and reclines almost all the way back (I think it's to 140 degrees). What I liked about it was the built in carrying strap. Makes it easy to sling it over your shoulder and board the bus with a baby in your arms. We have an older Combi from my son's younger days, so they are pretty durable. The cost was around $70, I think.

i just bought a combi savvy stroller for 4 mo olld going in 3 weeks paid 99 dollars at babies r us, it weighs only 11 lbs
? for bubbasmom: did you use it as carry on on the plane or check it? tia

My kids are older so I don't have stroller advice but we did like the umbrella's that clip onto the strollers when dd's were younger.

We found more flexibility and coverage when used in addition to the sunshade of the stroller. Especially good for the younger babies in the hot sun.

HTH

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter