Another stroller question.....

jenandkam

Mouseketeer
I wasn't going to rent one, but I'm taking my Mom who has arthritis in her knees. She wants to rent one so she can have something to lean on and relieve some of the pressure when she walks.

I have heard stories on these boards about strollers being "stolen" while parked. Has anyone used a bicycle lock (just a small, simple combination lock) on theirs or seen it done. :confused3

Just wondering if it is allowed and feasible.

Also...anyone know off hand how much the rental is?
TIA!

~Jen

Jen, would your mom consider a wheelchair rental so she doesn't have to deal with the pain in her knees?

We have rented strollers and never had a problem with them being taken. I don't remember the exact price but I think it was around $10 per day. If you hop to another park, just take your receipt with you to get a stroller in the second park.

Funny you should ask....
She refuses to rent a wheelchair because she doesn't want to embarass her grandkids. :confused3 No one would be embarassed, but she feels that she would be the "old grandma" that people would make fun of.....

Thanks for the rate info - great to know that we can take the receipt to another park! That should save some $$!! :thumbsup2

I wasn't going to rent one, but I'm taking my Mom who has arthritis in her knees. She wants to rent one so she can have something to lean on and relieve some of the pressure when she walks.

I have heard stories on these boards about strollers being "stolen" while parked. Has anyone used a bicycle lock (just a small, simple combination lock) on theirs or seen it done. :confused3

Just wondering if it is allowed and feasible.

Also...anyone know off hand how much the rental is?
TIA!

~Jen

For the single stroller, you can get a "length of stay" rental for $8/day.

I probably wouldn't bother with locking it. If it would happen to get stolen, all you have to do is return to the stroller rental area, show your receipt, and get another one for free. One thing though, mark your stroller with a scarf or balloon or something, so it's easier to spot in the stroller parking areas. This will also deter people from taking it, or from mistaking their stroller for yours. The CM's also put your last name on the stroller when you rent it (on a sheet of paper they put on the back), so that helps with the mistaken identity as well.

You are not allowed to use locks on them. Disney sometimes needs to move them to different locations or in big stroller parking areas they may need to move yours to get to another, or just line them up better. Just don't leave valuables in them. I took my cameras nad money (backpack) on al lrides. But left the diaper bag in the stroller. If Soemoen is that desperate for diapers and 2 year olds clothing, then they have more problems than me! ;)

Thanks everyone!
I didn't know you could just take your receipt up and get another one if it was stolen.
Also....I never even thought about Disney having to move them sometimes...though it makes perfect sense.
This is why I ask the DIS! :thumbsup2

Thanks again!
~Jen

Unfortunately, I don't have one anymore. My DS is 4 1/2 years old and hasn't used one for a long time.

I think she would need a pretty sturdy one to lean on - not just the umbrella type so it wouldn't be a good investment. Especially since we now live in an apartment and have no place really to store it.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Can I jump onto this stroller thread with my own question?

Does anyone know how much a double stroller would be? Do they have a length of stay for the double?

thank you!
tara

Can I jump onto this stroller thread with my own question?

Does anyone know how much a double stroller would be? Do they have a length of stay for the double?

thank you!
tara

I believe it was $16 for the length of stay (vs $18 a day.) Steep, but worth it. See my siggy! ;)

I went through the same thing with my grandma when she really needed a wc but fought it. Once she tried it and found out how much more she could do and see, how much happier the rest of us were because we could go faster and how great WDW is at dealing w/wheelchairs--she was HOOKED! Disney is tiring enough w/o adding chronic pain and fatigue. Maybe you could test the waters at the mall or something. And your 4.5yo can sit on her lap while you wait on lines and things!
I don't mean to squash your plan, I just have seen how quickly people get over their issues w/it once they've tried it!
have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter