Another kids on dining plan question..

NeedaDisFix

Earning My Ears
Please humor me, I can't find the answer to this question, even though I'm sure it's been asked!:confused:

We are traveling with 10, 8, 6, and 2 year olds on the deluxe dining plan. I know the 10 year old can order a kids meal with his adult credit. I assume that if 8 or 6 year old wants an adult entree and 10 year old wants nuggets from the kids menu (a likely scenario for us) that we should be able to trade between the 10 and 8, or the 10 and 6. (Not both of course.)

But, that leads to the question, what if more than one kiddo wants an adult entree- can we use an extra 1 or 2 adult credits at our meal and just live with the consequence of being short an adult credit somewhere else?

Thank you!

They will only let you use the amount of credits you have for your party.
So at one time you could use only 3 adult credits and 2 kids credits (2 year old is free).
My now 12 year old is picky, my 9 year old is not. They will order for each other and swap plates when food comes.
You can always pay out of pocket for something if need be.

Sarah

If the 8 and 6 year old like the same adult entrée, you can probably just split it between them using 3A/1C credit. With their ages and the fact that they get an app, entrée and dessert with their adult meal, I would think there would be enough food for both. Otherwise, one will have to have a kids meal unless your willing to pay OOP for an adult entrée.

Ok, thank you both. That's a very good point about them sharing an adult meal.

Another question- if DS10 orders a kids meal, can we still get his adult app for the table? I would think we could.

Probably will not be allowed to order more adult meals- but honestly it should be more then enough to share when you add in the app.

Ok, thank you both. That's a very good point about them sharing an adult meal.

Another question- if DS10 orders a kids meal, can we still get his adult app for the table? I would think we could.

Wondering about this too....

Does anyone out there know? Still get the adult appetizer if DS10 orders a kids meal instead of his adult entree? popcorn::

Whenever you go "off the plan" and start trading things around, there are never any guarantees. It's most likely that you would be able to get an "adult" meal for your 10-year-old, but sub the entree for a kids' meal entree (possibly an "adult sized" portion, even), but you may find different experiences from place to place (and even day to day).

Whenever you go "off the plan" and start trading things around, there are never any guarantees. It's most likely that you would be able to get an "adult" meal for your 10-year-old, but sub the entree for a kids' meal entree (possibly an "adult sized" portion, even), but you may find different experiences from place to place (and even day to day).

Ok. Thank you! :goodvibes

for a kid on ddp, does she get an appetizer on the appetizer list? I see some of the restaurant has a set meal including appetizer, entree and desert but some restaurants do not have an seperate appetizer choices for kids. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter