• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another fight and no one to stop it.

I would be willing to bet there is more to the story than reported. Since that clip shows the non matching family using racist language, that's probably where the original disagreement started and we are missing some details about what happened/what was said during being passed in line, etc.

If I were to hazard a guess, the young "lady" trying to get back in line was probably not very polite about it. I'm guessing she was just pushing ahead, rather than saying "excuse me, I forgot my phone, my family is up ahead". That could trigger a lot of people especially when you're being pushed.

If I were to hazard a guess, the young "lady" trying to get back in line was probably not very polite about it. I'm guessing she was just pushing ahead, rather than saying "excuse me, I forgot my phone, my family is up ahead". That could trigger a lot of people especially when you're being pushed.
Definitely possible. I'm sure they are not fully innocent. We will probably never know what truly went down.

I would be willing to bet there is more to the story than reported. Since that clip shows the non matching family using racist language, that's probably where the original disagreement started and we are missing some details about what happened/what was said during being passed in line, etc.
That's a lot of unfounded speculation.

Which is why if the story is to be believed, they were wrong.

You think the family should have started a fight because their family member was told no, they could not cut the line? In my opinion, if you ask to cut the line and you are told no, that's it. You do not go back to them for "revenge", if that's what happened.

Last edited:
Really? I thought the article was fair and balanced.

It does beg the question is why so many foreign powers are spending trillions on military hardware when you can do more damage with a basement full of computer nerds spreading disinformation.

I agree, I read this article before it was recommended here...but it sums up our situation nicely...and it's not great.

You think the family should have started a fight because their family member was told no, they could not cut the line? In my opinion, if you ask to cut the line and you are told no, that's it. You do not go back to them for "revenge", if that's what happened.

If the story is to be believed, and that's a big if because there are 3 sides to every story, they weren't cutting. They were in line already and just left to grab something and wanted to reunite with their family in line. There are endless legitimate reasons for doing it such as having to go to the bathroom, forgetting you left a valuable unsecured, etc. The reality is that all parties likely handled this poorly.

If the story is to be believed, and that's a big if because there are 3 sides to every story, they weren't cutting. They were in line already and just left to grab something and wanted to reunite with their family in line. There are endless legitimate reasons for doing it such as having to go to the bathroom, forgetting you left a valuable unsecured, etc. The reality is that all parties likely handled this poorly.
You'll find endless past threads about getting out of line to go to the bathroom as well. You'll find that even for CMs once a person has exited the line they consider it an issue, this can vary by CMs however.

In a guest's situation it would be your (general your) opinion that it's not line cutting or it is line cutting.

As far as your already in line well that is exactly the excuse people use when the line is long so they send someone off to do something else in the meantime (get food or bathroom, etc) and then it's merely "I'm just meeting up with my family". In May we watched some kids get out of BTMRR, go get nachos and then meander their way back in line in front of us. By your definition they were in line already. Maybe you wouldn't have an issue, maybe others would and that's a whole 'nother conversation. We could haggle over "legit" or not here but it can become a quandary for guests to try and figure out if someone is authentic or not.

I agree with your last comment however I don't disagree with politely saying no, every guest has that ability to do so, whether they or the person they said no to feel they are both morally right or if the guest they said no to was against the Park's rules is different.

I just watched the video on TMZ (you know you've made it when you're on TMZ!). At around the 1:35 mark one of the non-matching family members says to the matching family, "Let it go you *expletive* monkeys. Let it go.". Wow. Just wow. I'm glad they were trespassed.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/21/disney-world-fight-family-massive-brawl-magic-kingdom/

(Edited, I relistened to the audio without watching the video. I changed the quote but the monkey reference is still there.)
That’s the part I was referring to.

Regardless of whether or not you (general you) are for or against people leaving a line and returning to it, we’re talking about PHILHARMAGIC here. Being in a certain place in the line gains you nothing - you’re all going to enter at the same time. Letting someone rejoin their party in that case is really the only right thing to do because it prevents chaos further along when that person tries to get to their family who is probably going to save a seat for them, and there’s going to be someone trying to climb over someone else.

I’m guessing the person in this case wasn’t polite enough about it (although they were going/coming from an ECV, so they probably weren’t exactly pushy about it) which is still no reason to lie in wait for an entire family after the fact.

There is just zero reason this should have happened. Utterly pathetic display.

On the subject of whether or not racial slurs were flung - frankly if someone attacked my family, I’d be using every swear in the book. Both of these families were members of minority groups, and we have no idea of every word that passed between them all. To have a family banned because they lost their cool after being attacked? Sorry, I totally disagree with that.

I don't think that is what happened. the group who waited for them for "revenge" lol was not the person who cut or their family is was the group who would not let her cut. They did not want to let her cut, but it doesn't say if she eventually ended up going with them or not.

the group who waited for them was 100% in the wrong and should be banned. But also I hate line-cutting ppl. she said she just forgot her phone but how does anyone know it's true. I have been in line and have seen a parent exit with the kid and come back within a few minutes. Not an issue. But teens and adults i will give the side eye to.

At DL i won't say anything because im on vacation and don't want my day to get worse. At my local grocery store, it depends on how I'm feeling. Most times i say to myself it is what it is and i don't have time for petty things. Other times im in a hurry too and will let you know exactly where the line is.

Interesting that there’s no ECV in the videos that I could see from the non shirt family.

Interesting that there’s no ECV in the videos that I could see from the non shirt family.
Well they had just exited, so maybe they hadn’t picked it up yet. It’s also possible that the person who needed the ECV was sitting in it out of view… apparently the kids and a grandmother of the matching shirt family were at the edge of the crowd somewhere, but I never saw them in the video.

I don't think that is what happened. the group who waited for them for "revenge" lol was not the person who cut or their family is was the group who would not let her cut. They did not want to let her cut, but it doesn't say if she eventually ended up going with them or not.

the group who waited for them was 100% in the wrong and should be banned. But also I hate line-cutting ppl. she said she just forgot her phone but how does anyone know it's true. I have been in line and have seen a parent exit with the kid and come back within a few minutes. Not an issue. But teens and adults i will give the side eye to.

At DL i won't say anything because im on vacation and don't want my day to get worse. At my local grocery store, it depends on how I'm feeling. Most times i say to myself it is what it is and i don't have time for petty things. Other times im in a hurry too and will let you know exactly where the line is.
I think I would have just told my family that I left my phone and that they should just go ahead and enjoy the show. I would have waited outside for them to come out. Not like you can’t see philharmagic pretty easily

I think I would have just told my family that I left my phone and that they should just go ahead and enjoy the show. I would have waited outside for them to come out. Not like you can’t see philharmagic pretty easily

True that you can see it pretty easily, but an awful pain to have to stand around in the heat for 20min waiting for them.

You'll find endless past threads about getting out of line to go to the bathroom as well. You'll find that even for CMs once a person has exited the line they consider it an issue, this can vary by CMs however.

In a guest's situation it would be your (general your) opinion that it's not line cutting or it is line cutting.

As far as your already in line well that is exactly the excuse people use when the line is long so they send someone off to do something else in the meantime (get food or bathroom, etc) and then it's merely "I'm just meeting up with my family". In May we watched some kids get out of BTMRR, go get nachos and then meander their way back in line in front of us. By your definition they were in line already. Maybe you wouldn't have an issue, maybe others would and that's a whole 'nother conversation. We could haggle over "legit" or not here but it can become a quandary for guests to try and figure out if someone is authentic or not.

I agree with your last comment however I don't disagree with politely saying no, every guest has that ability to do so, whether they or the person they said no to feel they are both morally right or if the guest they said no to was against the Park's rules is different.

Oh I understand there are differing opinions, but you have to understand there are different types of people in the world. You’re going to say no to the wrong person one day, you have to ask yourself if it’s worth possibly dying over someone taking a whiz and wanting to get back to their place in the queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter