another DxDP Q

almburr

DIS Veteran
Okay, We are doing the DxDP Will DS5 be getting an appetizer from the menu then his childs meal and dessert? Since the plan states an app, entree, and dessert. The childrens menus do not have apps so would he choose from the adult apps?

This kids app is usually just an extra side. These are included in the regular dinning plan for kids also. Usually it consists of either grapes or carrots or something along those lines. They do not get to order an app from the adults menu. It is kind of misleading.

An example:
Kids Complete Meals
One serving from each of the five food groups - $7.59

Pizza - Mozzarella And Diced Chicken (optional). Served with Veggies And Brown-Sugar Apples

Beef and Macaroni - Marinara Sauce and topped with Mozzarella served with Veggies and Fruit Salad

Kids' Picks
Choice of 1 Appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert - $7.59

Appetizer

Carrot and Celery Sticks OR Potato Leek Soup

Entrees

Shepherd's Pie - seasoned ground beef with carrots, mashed potatoes and melted cheese

OR

Macaroni and Cheese

OR

Bangers and Mash - traditional English sausage, mashed potatoes and gravy

Soft Drinks Available Upon Request

Desserts

Fruit Cup OR Ice-Cream Sundae

In the "Kids Picks" there is a listing of what would be an appetizer. In this case it would be
Carrot and Celery Sticks OR Potato Leek Soup

In the "Complete Meals", the items listed after "served with" count as the appetizer and dessert.

Yes as PP said, it is usually veggie sticks, apples slices, or something along those lines.

No "real" appys for them.

Thank you, sometimes these plans can be misleading. It seems to change each year as to what is doable. When we went on our first trip in 05 we ate at coral reef the waiter let one of the kids get an app off the adult menu.

I wouldn't look for the same thing as you got from one server in '05 when the plan was just starting - it's pretty much known everywhere that children must order from the children's menu. If someone is willing to let your child off the regular menu, they're doing you a favor.

The exception to this is at Yak & Yeti, where the children may order an app from the adult menu. Our kids chose not to, but the waiter emphasized that they could if they wanted to. Otherwise, there were always apps on the child's menu that they could choose from, or in the case of Teppan Edo, no appetizer at all.

The exception to this is at Yak & Yeti, where the children may order an app from the adult menu. Our kids chose not to, but the waiter emphasized that they could if they wanted to. Otherwise, there were always apps on the child's menu that they could choose from, or in the case of Teppan Edo, no appetizer at all.

I'll be honest, that is the first time I have heard of that happening. Yak & Yeti does have a kids menu. Don't know if you had a waiter that was simply allowing it or if it was policy (it could be as they are not owned by Disney). Would be interested if anyone else had this sort of experience or if it was a fluke.

I'll be honest, that is the first time I have heard of that happening. Yak & Yeti does have a kids menu. Don't know if you had a waiter that was simply allowing it or if it was policy (it could be as they are not owned by Disney). Would be interested if anyone else had this sort of experience or if it was a fluke.

The kids menu allows them to pick a side dish, but this waiter said that with the DxDDP, kids are entitled to an additional appetizer. He kept asking if we were sure that we didn't want to order adult apps for the kids as they were "entitled*" to them. The kids meal there is more than enough for our kids, so we told him no each time he asked.

*His word, not mine.

That's got to be the only place kids are "entitled" to a regular appetizer (or a side dish) that I've heard of. (As noted, Yak & Yeti is not a Disney-operated restaurant)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter