Annual Pass Question

Canadian Disney

Earning My Ears
Couple of questions about our annual pass renewal. Our 2015 DVC annual pass expired Sept.12/2015. I renewed our passes over the phone and was given a renewal number and was told we had to bring this number to guest relations with ID of course to receive our new passes. When I am on My Disney Experience it shows the DVC Renewal Certificates with and expiration date of December 31/2030. So I have two questions. Can I use these renewal certificates anytime over the next 14 years? The other question is when I do renew them will the expiration date still be Sept 12th or will it be the new date that I activate the pass? I'm assuming when we do use the renewal certificates we will be told it is the new Gold Pass. Thanks.

If you renewed it is for September 2015-September 2016. You can't renew for a future period, that would be just a new pass with a new use period. Unless I'm really misunderstanding your question.

I did renew it with the intention of using for 2015-2016. Its just the date on My Disney Experience that is confusing me. Why would it show an expiry date of December 31st 2030?

I believe it will say that until you exchange it for an actual pass at one of the parks. I bought our passes online too and when we exchanged for the actual pass it changed to another date, now it says on my disney experience that they expire May 25th 2017.

Here's the scoop on renewal certificates: They're pretty much a gift card for the cost of a renewal at the time of purchase. When someone brings them to me, I have to go into the computer, delete them out to their cash value, and then use that 'cash' to do a renewal just like someone was paying me for it right then and there.

Now, since your original passes expired in September 2015, which was almost a year ago at this point, here's what I would tell you to do: Pay the extra on top of the certificates' value to get brand new passes, because if a CM uses those renewal certs to renew your old passes, your expiration date becomes September 2016.

Either way you do it, when you come to the parks, you'll need to come to a ticket window or Guest Relations with your DVC card and IDs (bring an ID for each adult showing the same residential address - they're getting stricter about this - and have each adult present at the time) and preferably with your old pass cards and/or MagicBands. It'll take a few minutes, so bring your patience along as well.

Here's the scoop on renewal certificates: They're pretty much a gift card for the cost of a renewal at the time of purchase. When someone brings them to me, I have to go into the computer, delete them out to their cash value, and then use that 'cash' to do a renewal just like someone was paying me for it right then and there.

Now, since your original passes expired in September 2015, which was almost a year ago at this point, here's what I would tell you to do: Pay the extra on top of the certificates' value to get brand new passes, because if a CM uses those renewal certs to renew your old passes, your expiration date becomes September 2016.

Either way you do it, when you come to the parks, you'll need to come to a ticket window or Guest Relations with your DVC card and IDs (bring an ID for each adult showing the same residential address - they're getting stricter about this - and have each adult present at the time) and preferably with your old pass cards and/or MagicBands. It'll take a few minutes, so bring your patience along as well.
. So since it's like cash, can I use it anytime before 2030 towards the purchase of a new pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter