Annual Pass question for large family

davidm

First Order Legion Commander
All 8 of us have annual passes, and will (potentially) get a 20% discount at Skipper Canteen. Should I split my reservations into 2 groups of 4 to get the discount? Or can my wife and I split the check? I noticed the fine print says the dining discount is "valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests."

Some of our reservations are split anyway, because of availability, but a couple are for 8 of us. Does anyone have experience splitting the tab and getting the discount for both tabs? Or do I need to get 2 separate reservations?

Thanks for the help!

I would just explain the situation to the waitress/waiter and see what it is easier on their side of things.

Just split the bill. The number of people on the reservation is irrelevant.

Some times we've had it happen at different restaurants (not the Skipper Canteen) that when we've asked to split the bill we've been told that there would only be one discount given per table. So even though we are two families and want to pay with separate credit cards (9 of us). If we were sitting at one table they wouldn't let us use two coupons/discounts. Of course like I said we haven't been to the Skipper Canteen. But many other places have refused us the discount. And occasionally we have gotten it. Sometimes I think it's YMMV with the waiter or manager on staff.

Hope someone else has specific detail for Skipper for you.

Max is 10 for the discount I believe, so should not be a problem.

That is for TiW. I assume OP was asking about the AP discount which is for the AP holder and up to 3 guests.

If you are all AP holders I would think you should be able to get it for everyone regardless of how you manage the bill. Maybe ask your server before you order. We just went as a party of 5 and I wondered how they would handle it. I'm the only AP holder in the family. They never once said anything and just gave me the discount off the bill total (minus alcohol I think).

We were using our AP discount for 8 of us in November. No one gave us an issue. I didn't even know there was a limit of people.

That is for TiW. I assume OP was asking about the AP discount which is for the AP holder and up to 3 guests.

If you are all AP holders I would think you should be able to get it for everyone regardless of how you manage the bill. Maybe ask your server before you order. We just went as a party of 5 and I wondered how they would handle it. I'm the only AP holder in the family. They never once said anything and just gave me the discount off the bill total (minus alcohol I think).
Yes, you are correct, I do think though that you can just show a couple AP's and they will generate one bill if you like. At worst you can give them two AP's and one CC and they just run two bills on that card. The credit card used does not have to match the name on the AP.

We're a family of 6 and had no problem receiving an AP discount on food for our entire party when we were there in October.

We were using our AP discount for 8 of us in November. No one gave us an issue. I didn't even know there was a limit of people.

We're a family of 6 and had no problem receiving an AP discount on food for our entire party when we were there in October.

I'll add that we went in November and were a party of 5, sometimes 6. I am the only Passholder, and I never once was told that my discount could only be used by four of us. I worried that they would be strict about it, but nope.

We went in October and got the discount off the entire bill for 6 at both Skipper Canteen and O'Hana. My husband and I are passholders, but we only showed one AP when paying in the restaurants..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!