• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Annual Free Dining, but this year not so Free Dining" Trip Sept 19-27, 2008

CharacterFan

Will stop in walkways for characters
My dad and I visit Walt Disney World every year during Free Dining time.

I'll give you some background on us:

Me (Charaterfan): 22 years old, huge fan of Disney and Disney World. I've been 22 times, but most of my trips weren't until I turned 18. I currently "work" for my dad running errands if he needs them.

Dad : 46 years old, single, not really a Disney fan, but goes with me so I don't go alone.

Why we go to Disney in September: in April 2006 my dad got an email about Free Dining promotion being offered in late Aug/Sept. I was turning 20 and I wanted to spend my 20th birthday on my 10th trip to Walt Disney World. I wanted to stay at the Poly and spend two weeks. After I came back to reality I wanted to spend 10 days at Pop. We set our trip Aug 27-Sept 4th. (we flew back on 9/5 at 6:30am) We ate at some of the basic places (CM, CP, WCC, GG, and some others). It was a nice trip.

In Feb/March 07 rumors went flying that Free Dining was going to be offered again. I wanted to jump on board. We booked Sept 8-16 this time. For my dad's 45th birthday. We ate a some of the same places, but added Breakfastasorus. We also went to MNSSHP.

In March of 08 we talked about free dining again. I wanted to try Deluxe Dining and my dad just told me to go ahead and book it. We couldn't go the 2nd week of September again (my grandmother has a family reunion and wants my dad to go) so I picked Sept 20-27th. We booked Pop again our favorite resort. Last week I was looking at airfare and we could fly for the price of the rental car if we came in a day earlier, and a room was less then the cost of gas so it seemed like a good deal. I get an extra night sleep in my awsome pop bed.

Coming up next pictures, dining plans, and daily schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter