Anniversary 25th trip-Need help and suggestions please...

1GoofyTeacher

Earning My Ears
We have not been since our kids were little. (9&11) One has graduated college and other almost. We have been paying for colleges and now our anniversary is coming up in June. We are thinking of going for our 25th. Things have really changed since we were there. Ideas of places to go for food, entertainment, and must in parks? It has been 11 years since we have been to Disney. Thank you.

For our 15, 20, & 25th we did DCLs.
Depending upon what you are into, outside the parks:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Congratulations on your 25th!

I think Disney makes a wonderful anniversary destination. But then this is DisBoards.

After 11 years I would think that it would almost be new all over again. Revisit your favorites. Take time to visit the attractions that you passed up with the kids. We love the shows, the Lion King is our favorite. We also like to just wander through the parks and enjoy the ambience.

I also suggest to save a day just to relax.

DW and I are not much for fancy meals so I'll let others tackle the question. Our current favorite Disney meal is lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ in AK sitting down on the lower patio next to the water looking out towards Everest.

I do have one suggestion on resorts. I think the Epcot resort area is perfect for adult visits. DW and I are partial to the BWI but it is the location that is special. Being able to leisurely wander over to Epcot in the evening is what makes it special for us. It can be a bit pricey, the Swan or Dolphin are a little lower in cost, but I feel the location is worth it.

Wishing you a magical visit!

My hubby and I went for our 10 year anniversary. Congrats on 25!

At the time Pleasure Island was still open, but you could still do Disney Springs and check out bands and entertainment at the restaurants and bars. Raglan road has great bands. We spent a lot of time in Epcot in the World Showcase. Though my kids loves Epcot it is still doing it their way, grab a few drinks and just sit and look around, grab an early spot of illuminations with a nice cold one. We also did resort hopping, hop on the ferry or bus or monorail and hit up some of the fancy resorts. Lobbies are quite nice and they have great bars to grab a drink. Or go to the poly and watch wishes from the beach.

And of course make time for doing all the silly kiddie rides, you are never too old for all those :)

It just depends on your budget.

You could do a spa treatment at a deluxe together. You could have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Take an illuminations cruise and/or a Wishes cruise.

Dining at the Royal Table in Cinderella's castle is special. You need advance reservations.

Take a special tour. There's many to pick from.

We enjoy strolling through Animal Kingdom Lodge including the grounds. Then, we dine at Boma's.

Do a lot of photos everywhere you go.

For our 25th, we bought a pick a pearl. I picked the setting, DH picked the oyster. Since I hadn't gotten an engagement ring 25 years ago, we had the pearl set, it sits where an engagement ring would be, I love it! I'll admit that choosing a ring made it expensive. Doing a necklace that way might be cheaper. Also, at some restaurants, I know at Artist Point, we got personalized menus when we told them when we made the reservation, that we'd be celebrating our anniversary (also got complimentary champagne, an amuse bouche, and "cleansing" sherbert between courses).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter