• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ankerhus/SnowWhite/78 yr old mom

Janet100

Mouseketeer
On November 1st, 2008, I surprised my 78-year-old mother, Mary Lee, with a princess breakfast at the Ankerhus Restaurant at Epcot. She just thought it was breakfast in Norway. She didn't know there would be Princesses until she got inside. One of my best friends came along with her mother. My mother will tell you that her favorite character is Snow White. She will recount how it was the very first movie that she ever saw and how the wicked witch almost scared her to death! She saw the movie the first year it came out!

I told one of the hostesses that I had a very important letter for Snow White and would they please deliver it to her. She gave me a strange look and I repeated my request. She said that she was unsure if she was here, but would try. My note explained what I had written in the above paragraph. Also told her my mom's name and what she was wearing. I kept my fingers crossed.

After a visit to our table from Mary Popins and Mulan, here comes Snow White. She asked how we were doing and if we were enjoying our breakfast. I asked her how the drawfs were doing? She said they were working very hard in the diamond mine. I asked her if she was baking them anything special? Snow White said that she had a gooseberry pie in the oven. Then she looked at my mom and asked if she was Mary Lee? Imagine her surprise when Snow White came to our table and knew her name. My mother had the look of surprise like a little girl seeing her princess for the first time. That was a priceless moment that I will never forget. Disney Magic. Mother then proceed to tell Snow White that she was her favorite and she was the first movie that she ever saw. Snow White then did a twirl and proclaimed that she didn't look one day older. Then mom asked for a picture with her princess. Before she left, I reminded Snow White not to eat any more red apples. She said, “Oh no, I don't eat red apples anymore and I’m very disappointed that they have red apples on the buffet.”

To review the food, it was very good. There is a cold buffet to visit. Fruits, cheese, pastries, biscuts and salmon. They bring the hot food to your table family style. Eggs, potato casserole, bacon and sauage. The coffee was nice and strong. We wanted some ketchup at our table and couldn't find our waitress. The chef was walking around, so I asked him. He couldn't have been nicer. Brought it right away with a smile. I'm surprised he didn't just tell a waitress to send it.

I want to thank everyone that answered my posts several months ago. I wanted to find Snow White at a restaurant. What was important to find out is that she is not always at every meal. With your help, I found out that my best chance to meet her was during the breakfast time! You guys are great on this board. Here are some pics.

Thank you,
Janet

232323232%7Ffp43252%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3A%3A%3B%3E%3B%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A%3A%3C453%3B%3A3nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43249%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3A%3A%3B%3E%3B%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A%3A%3C45379%3Cnu0mrj

Gotta love that Disney magic.... :goodvibes

And how wonderful of you to take the time to write that letter.

Sounds to me like your Mom is a very lucky lady. Lucky to have a 'Disney Princess' in her own family. :wizard:

Lovely story and great pics - what a lovely thing to do for your mum as a surprise! :goodvibes I must say your mum looks fabulous for 78, too! :cutie:

Thats a fantastic story & wonderful pics, too!:goodvibes

Loved your story, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their nice replies. I've been reading the DISBoard for several years, however, I don't post that often. Just wanted to share this story with everyone. It really is a memory that I will always treasure.
Janet
PS - Jenvensa I love your picture!

Such a wonderful Disney memory!

Thanks so much for sharing the story and the pictures with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter