Animal sightings at The Fort....

Lots of Deer at FW. What's ironic, is that I am a hunter from Northeast PA and we were down there at FW for the first week of Deer season back home. As luck would have it (and my wife is happy about it) I wasn't able to go hunting at all this past season as a result of a Surgery (before we left for WDW), our trip to FW and illness after our return. DSC_0002.JPG

And Wild life of a smaller nature....

At Wilderness Lodge (while waiting for a transfer bus) We saw this little frog DSC_0374.JPG

Then while waiting for a bus inside FW we saw this poor guy...

DSC_0745.JPG

Notice that he is missing a leg. We thought he probably wouldn't make it, but the next day he was doing just fine. (This picture is FROM the "Next Day" I did not take a picture of him the day before because quite frankly we didn't think it would survive and well..... that would be kind of morbid).

Delicious... errrr.... I mean "Cute!" :)

(It's the "Hunter" in me, although I prefer Venison. Sorry to the Vegetarians out there. )

Wish I had a camera in my hand but several years ago when it had been raining alot and the areas between the cabins were pretty swampy, I had a river otter splashing around at the rear of the cabin.

One evening, while watching the CMs wash a few horses, a group of turkeys decided to get in line for their bath as well

IMG_0065.jpg

Just returned a couple weeks ago and took pic of an alligator in canal behind our site 306. Sorry for the quality, fumbled quickly for phone to take pic. His head clearly visible. Very near the dog park and playground. I was a little freaked but my husband didn't seem at all concerned as he grew up in Florida. We did tell them tho, and they said they would have someone look into it, but we never saw anyone do that.

Attachments

• 2015-05-05 09.05.22.jpg
    2015-05-05 09.05.22.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
When we were at the fort in 2007 there was a rabbit that must have lived nearby and was tame enough to visit humans. My sons were 7 & 5 at the time. They would feed it carrots and they named it "Uncle Bunny"

Animal visitors around my campsite (2065) during the last week of October included squirrels, rabbits, deer, turkeys, a piliated woodpecker, a nuthatch or creeper, several hawks, a barred owl and a great horned owl. I spent 20 minutes talking to the great horned. He was very chatty. I also love the natural mosquito control cast members (bats-lots and lots of bats).

Been meaning upload these as they are from last Oct 29, 2014. While sitting at the Meadows Pool we had a visit by this hawk.

These guys were from last week on Nov 20, 2015. Take around 5:15p right between Peacock Pass and the hitch/unhitch area on FW Trail. These were taking with my phone. Can't remember of I got any with my camera. If I did I'll upload those too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter