Animal Kingdom Eats

kate

Earning My Ears
We have just returned from the world and while the trip was magical, I felt that the Disney food aspect is experiencing a decline (no, we were not on the dining plan). Up until this visit Tusker House has been our favorite eatery. Now it is moving to the bottom of our favorites list. The portions seem a lot smaller than in the past and the menu is missing some of our favorite items. When did the great grilled veggie wrap disappear? The current vegetable sandwich is mainly a half pita with a few peppers and onions in it – boring… And where did the great garlic potatoes go? The corn soup is still very good but in the past, was not there a whole turkey wrap with it instead of a half wrap? And why cannot my child order mashed potatoes with her child’s meal any longer? Since Tusker house was such a disappointment (we ate there twice this trip hoping that the situation would improve on the second try – nope) we decided to eat at the Rainforest Café. Never again will I eat at a Rainforest Café. The server was unfriendly and lazy, the food inedible. I ordered (paid extra) for fries to go with my sandwich. The fries were cold, as was my veggie burger. I have no problem eating a cold veggie burger but cold fries are nasty tasting. Requested new fries – new fries were cold. The server was more interested in telling us how we could order additional items (and up her tip) then in serving us. Needless to say, her tip was very small.

I am happy to report though that we did experience good dining at other locales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter