animal kindgom lodge

russo72585

Earning My Ears
HI. I have a standard view room at the Animal kingdom lodge. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they were in a standard view room that had a better view than the parking lot, so i can request my room to be in that area. Thanks.

All the standard rooms have the parking lot view at AKL, but I would request to be on the left side of building when facing the lodge. You definitely DO NOT want a room by the bus stop, people walk very close to those rooms to get to the bus stop. That said, I was lucky to be upgraded to a savanna view from standard view in Dec. If the resort isn't full, you may get an upgrade. Here's some pixie dust hoping you have a fantastic time. AKL is a beautiful place. And welcome to the DIS!! :D :D :D

We just returned from WDW -- spent 2 nights at AKL in a Savannah room. It was wonderful!!!! I actually tried to change the rest of our stay to that resort but they were sold out for the weekend. The cm's were great and the animals came right up to our balcony. I had my 10yo neice and 7 yo son with and the room we got had a queen bed and a bunkbed--- it was great.

I think a pool view is standard price too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I would request that if it's a standard price.

I was quoted these rates including tax for 4 nites May 23-27:

Standard View 612.00

Pool View 844.00

Savannah 910.00

So you see there is only a 64 dollar difference for the 4 nites so I just took the savannah view. I am too fearful of getting a standard view on the first floor by the bus stop!!!

Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter