• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"And of course, these little beauties"...Two chicks hit the World July 2012 w/pics!

alexxussss

Mouseketeer
Hello and welcome aboard! I'm your tour guide, Alexis. :wave2:
a15553a5.jpg

Joining me on this trip is my terrific Mom.
6d4cf031.jpg

We both love Disney for millions of reasons, but one of the main reasons is no matter how many times we've been there (20+), there is always something new to discover!

A little bit about us...we love to shop and go on rides...
3d28a351.jpg

Favorite characters:
me: Mickey (of course!) and Pluto; princess- Belle
my mom: Mickey and Tinkerbell; princess- Cinderella

Trip dates: July 17-26, 2012

Along the way, I'll be giving you some nifty tips on how to get the most out of your Disney vacation. So buckle your seat belt and enjoy the ride...
17b24482.jpg

We arrived at MCO around 9 am and since our hotel room wasn't going to be ready until 3 pm, we planned a day of shopping. Our first and favorite shopping destination, naturally, is Downtown Disney Marketplace. Since we were at Disney during a very crowded month, we knew that shopping @ DD would be insane at night, so planning an early morning visit was crucial.

Tip: visiting DD in the morning/early afternoon is always a good idea.

I love these cool Toy Story Legos!!! I can't even imagine how long they take to build!
771ec126.jpg

Look how adorable Woody and Buzz are!!! :goodvibes
510cea3a.jpg

Cute build-your-own-dinos @ T-Rex!!!
d205a590.jpg

I'm l-o-v-i-n-g these pillows @ World of Disney (psst: they're available at quite a few stores in the parks, but World of Disney has the biggest selection by far!)

1a1057be.jpg

6cd6f794.jpg

e4af5d4d.jpg

866955b6.jpg

41574a34.jpg

4476c0d7.jpg

760d625a.jpg

Seriously, who wouldn't love to use these to spread some magic around their own home?!? I couldn't resist and got three of them (believe in magic, tomb sweet tomb, and pardon our pixie dust)! :cheer2:

Next up, Mom had lunch @ Earl of Sandwich. She had the Earl Club and gave it a 10/10.
adb8d3e2.jpg

No matter what time of year, a stop at Disney Days of Christmas is a must...the cozy fireplaces and smell alone (more on that later...) makes it well worth the trip. I don't know about you, but I am blown away at Disney's unmatched creativity and attention to detail time and time again. For example, when I was a kid (ok, I'm not going to lie, I still do it sometimes!), I used to LOVE to lay under the Christmas tree and look up at all the lights and ornaments; it was just so beautiful. Imagine my delight when I first visited DDC store and saw this:
b0a35ef0.jpg

Most stores would just have a typical ceiling...but not Disney!

Naturally we had to stop in Goofy's Candy Company...oh, I can smell the sweet aroma now...I saw this on the glass window inside and it just made me laugh...it's worded in such a cute way!
b5399c2a.jpg

243921e1.jpg

Uh...if only my local grocery store would stock Mickey-themed food, the world would be a better place!
eaea74f2.jpg

"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" (a la Stacey)
efb971a4.jpg

451fc088.jpg

After leaving DD, we went to the grocery store, picked up some snacks for our hotel room, and checked in. Sadly, we are staying off-site :sad1:, but I survived.

Thanks for joining me and stayed tuned: tomorrow's Magic Kingdom!!! Woo-hoo!

Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter