• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anaheim wildfires - March 11

TeacherDad

Mouseketeer
Anyone know how close the fires are to Disneyland? Can you smell the smoke in the air at or near Disneyland? See CNN to know what I am talking about.

I was at the Anaheim Train Station (shares space with Angel Baseball Stadium) at 5pm today. It was 93º according to the gauge on my car. Although I could see the smoke in the hills, and see it overhead, I could not smell it.

Here's a pic of the Anaheim Hills from the Anaheim Train Station area.

IMG_4233.JPG

It was just blazing hot today in Anaheim.... and hot windy at times.

The smoke didn't drift by my home in East Anaheim, and I am between Anaheim Hills and the Resort.

Hopes and prayers for the firefighters and those in Anaheim Hills!

We were at DL today. Although the fires are not near enough to DL for concern, the air was smoky. We could see the smoke and smell it. Later in the afternoon the winds shifted and white ash was coming down. If you are a person EXTREMELY sensitive to smoke, it might have bothered you. I wouldn't want to run a marathon with all that smoke in the air, but it certainly wasn't a problem for us. The news report said the crews expect to have the fire mostly contained by mid-day tomorrow.

I need a happy dance :banana: The tag fairy got me today. I feel so special. Thanks Tag Fairy :love:

We were there today, too. The smoke started to smell in the afternoon and then white ash fell for a few hours. It was stinky and then when the sun set, it seemed to pass. While driving home, the 241 (toll road) was closed. We think it was up there.

Wasn't it crowded and hot today? We only rode six rides all day! And watched the parade, had a nice sit down dinner and shopped a little. Still had a great time, though.:)

We are in the Marinia Tower on the Matterhorn side. About 10pm last night I started to smell the smoke in my room. Through out the night it has come and gone. Now at 2:30am I can smell a faint oder in the room. The winds do seem to be shifting from time to time. I have asthma and so far im good. I did call the front desk to see if any health warnings have been issued (not sure they do that here in CA. I know in Dallas when we had some smoke from some OK fires they issued health warnings for thoes with respriatory problems) but was told nothing was issued so far.

Today we went to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. We could see the fire in the hills from the interstate. Through out the day we could see the smoke increase. I sure hope that all turns out ok for those near it.

I could smell it yesterday as well and now my mom thinks she has a "cold." Perhaps it is the smoke. :confused3

yeah, my mom thought i had a cold too because i kept coughing when i was walking back from lunch. Damn smoke.

Yeah, there is also a lot of ashes in the air. feels very uncomfortable.

My bf and I assumed there must've been a fire nearby the parks. We were walking around DTD yesterday evening and there were tiny pieces of ash falling and blowing around.

any updates? I leave on the 16th and will be doing dis on the 17th. Im worried since im super smoke sensitive and already am sick

The fire shouldn't be a problem by the time you arrive. Sometimes the air quality goes down for a few days. It all depends on the winds and whether it will blow all the smoke out of here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter