An AP holder's 42 days of Disney dining review

Boma breakfast

DS and I stayed at Kidani Village and treked down to the Jambo House for breakfast at Boma. It is a huge restaurant downstairs from the lobby. We chose a late morning time and were lucky that is wasn't very crowded.

Both of us were keen on trying some of the African food. But honestly it didn't look very appealing. DS bailed on trying it after to seeing it but I was determined. I didn't like anything that I tried. DS is such a sarcastic teenager, he said he knew why people in Africa were starving if that is what they have to eat.

Luckily Boma has a huge variety of American fare for breakfast as well. It was all fine, especially the omelets and the sausages. DS enjoys the special juice they serve here. But Boma wasn't all that impressive to us. I wouldn't recommend eating here unless you are staying at AKL or Kidani. Maybe someday we will try dinner and enjoy it more.

Saana lunch

DS and I had lunch here while staying at Kidani Village this past August. I had to twist his arm to eat here since they do not serve french fries.:sad2:
We were given a wonderful seat right by the window where we saw several animals. Our waiter was fantastic. He could see that we had no knowledge of African/Indian food so he gave great descriptions of what to order. My son with of course knew he was ordering the hamburger on naan bread with a side of fruit. He actually enjoyed this very much and wished that we would have ordered the bread service. I had the slow cooked ribs and the green curry shrimp with the rice pilaf. These were both excellent!

I can't wait to visit Sanna again. It was probably my favorite meal of all the ones we had.

This concludes my review of our 42 days of dining with too many meals to count.

We will be back to WDW in just a few weeks, buying APs again so there will hopefully be many more meals to discuss.:goodvibes

Bumping this thread. Great reviews!

Definitely try dinner at Boma someday. It was awesome when we went.

I need to figure out this Nemo priority seating at Tusker House.... this is news... Leaving in 3 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter