• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Allergy, a Vegetarian, and the rest of them... May 2015 Dining Report

Following! My oldest has a dairy allergy as well.... I was starting to get a little nervous about her for our September trip.
She is also picky, so that doesn't help either lol.

Beautiful family! Cant wait to read more!

Sorry it's been a little bit! Our whole family got a stomach virus, and I still feel like we're trying to get back on our feet from it!

On our second park day we headed to the Magic Kingdom. We had a QS lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus, and I apparently forgot to take pictures again....uggghh.

I do remember that this was a great counter service option - although VERY crowded. Disney works pretty efficiently though. My husband had the Italian sub, I had the Caprese flatbread (a must have if you are a vegetarian! It was delicious!), my oldest had the pepperoni flatbread. My younger son had the kids cheese pizza, and they made allergy friendly chicken nuggets for my daughter. Everyone was happy and we a great spot looking down over It's a Small World to eat our lunch.

The highlight of our day was dinner. I had managed to snag an ADR for Be Our Guest and we were all excited to try it. It turned out to be our favorite meal of the trip!

First impressions are important -- gorgeous rose napkins.

DSC_0281_zpsoozwmlgn.jpg

We started out with rolls and salted butter. The rolls were safe for my daughter, just no butter for her.

DSC_0288_zpsejjprjnj.jpg

My appetizer is literally probably the best thing I ate this entire trip (besides my beloved Dole Whips!). This is the French Onion Soup which is vegetarian! It was cheesy, flavorful, rich, and just delicious. I need to find this recipe! No, actually, I just need money to fund more trips to Disney!

DSC_0289_zpsakvrhtyg.jpg

Now, on to the main courses.

My husband, the carnivore, of course ordered the steak. This was the grilled strip steak with garlic butter and pomme frites. It also came with a green bean and veggie medley. He loved every bite of this. He said it was cooked perfectly and had great flavor.

DSC_0294_zps5udhewhg.jpg

My oldest son chose the pork chop. He was soooo thrilled to be choosing from the adult menu. He loves pork chops and I never make them at home. His grandmother will cook them for him, but not like this! The pork chop came with a side of macaroni and cheese and the green bean medley. He practically licked his plate clean, so I think this was a hit!

DSC_0291_zps0mb8zbwc.jpg

My younger son went with the kids steak. This was basically a mini version of his dad's plate, only without all the seasonings. He ate this right up. He even had a few of the green beans, so they must have been good!

DSC_0290_zpsm4bw2ebm.jpg

Be Our Guest only had one vegetarian choice on the menu, but it was a great one! I had the Layered Ratatouille. This was a quinoa dish with all kinds of veggies and a bell pepper sauce. I loved all the veggies in this, especially the mushrooms and eggplant. The sauce was nice. Definitely a bell pepper flavor, it added a little extra flavor to the dish.

DSC_0295_zpsshg6itkp.jpg

And finally our allergy meal. The chef at Be Our Guest was very nice. He came and spoke to us to find out what kind of food my daughter wanted. She was still in a fish mood (you may notice that theme....) so he made her a nice piece of grilled fish with French fries and broccoli. She was quite happy with these meal, but was getting very tired so she didn't eat as much as usual. See those tired eyes?

DSC_0292_zpsonwiykni.jpg

After we all enjoyed our main course, the dessert cart was brought around.

My husband and I chose the Strawberry Cream cheese cupcake. I had bites of everything - but this one was hands down my favorite!

DSC_0299_zps1pu8p2or.jpg

My oldest son is a chocolate fiend, so he had to have the triple chocolate cupcake.

DSC_0298_zpsinx6hrtu.jpg

My younger son wanted to try the famous "grey stuff." This was good, but I'm still glad I chose the strawberry!

DSC_0297_zps3qeoqr8o.jpg

Oh and my daughter did perk up when they brought out a big bowl of chocolate Toffuti ice cream for her!

DSC_0296_zpsn9czrdat.jpg

So everyone ended the night full and happy. We loved Be Our Guest! Can't wait to go back again!

Sorry it's been a little bit! Our whole family got a stomach virus, and I still feel like we're trying to get back on our feet from it!
So sorry you've all been ill. :( Hope the rest of the summer is better for you! :)
I had the Caprese flatbread (a must have if you are a vegetarian! It was delicious!
Sounds tasty! We had Caprese salad for dinner last night and it was delish! I think they have that flatbread at the QS in CR too- if menus online are accurate. ;)
First impressions are important -- gorgeous rose napkins.
Oh how pretty, it seems there are so many beautiful touches in that restaurant! We're only going for lunch, but will be checking out the vegetarian (or possibly pescatarian) options. All of your plates sound well prepared, and it looks like you all had a terrific time!

Hi! Great reviews. My son also has a dairy allergy and I have found Disney one of the eaisest places for him to eat. Reading along to see what new or differnt they might do before our December trip. Did you happen to notice are Dole Whips Dairy free? I've heard conflicting stories so last time we were there we skipped it.

Wow the items you ordered at BOG look great! My DH would go nuts for that pork chop. Great reviews so far!

Hi! Great reviews. My son also has a dairy allergy and I have found Disney one of the eaisest places for him to eat. Reading along to see what new or differnt they might do before our December trip. Did you happen to notice are Dole Whips Dairy free? I've heard conflicting stories so last time we were there we skipped it.

Yes, Dole Whips are vegan/non dairy.

I'm along for the ride! I'm always interested to learn about allergies/special diets while at Disney (arming myself in case I need the knowledge someday!) Your portobello burger at Raglan looks simply amazing! I'm sorry it wasn't the best experience for your family, but I seriously might order that myself next time, it looks that good!

Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm a vegetarian also, so it's always exciting to find a vegetarian review!

Your daughter is adorable!! She looked so pretty in her princess dress. Thumbs down to the service at RR. The food at BOG looked very delicious, I cannot wait to eat dinner there.

Jumping in! We're making the drive from TN, too, in November. Last time, we loved POR and seeing your mouth-watering pasta dish reminds me of our meal there when my DF told me it was the best trip ever.

How exciting for your oldest son to finally get to order from the adult menu!

Your daughter's makeover pictures are just precious. What a beautiful little princess she is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter