American Idol filming at Aulani

lolcatparty

Earning My Ears
Hi,
It was just announced that American idol will be filming at aulani february 14 & 15. Will this affect my stay at all? I booked ocean view studio for that week. Just from looking at what they did in the past it appears they have a pretty large stage on the beach. Not sure how this wouldn’t obstruct guests views or beach space, on top of that the noise.

Full transparency, i work in this industry building stages and sets and what not. This is exactly what I’m trying to get away from on my honeymoon lol. I know builds like this can have load 2 day+ load in / outs even after filming. Should i be concerned at all?

thanks!

Hi,
It was just announced that American idol will be filming at aulani february 14 & 15. Will this affect my stay at all? I booked ocean view studio for that week. Just from looking at what they did in the past it appears they have a pretty large stage on the beach. Not sure how this wouldn’t obstruct guests views or beach space, on top of that the noise.

Full transparency, i work in this industry building stages and sets and what not. This is exactly what I’m trying to get away from on my honeymoon lol. I know builds like this can have load 2 day+ load in / outs even after filming. Should i be concerned at all?

thanks!
If they're positioning the stage in the same spot where they've done this in the past, it'll be far off on the right side of the beach. You'll see it, but it won't interfere with use of the beach. It also won't obstruct your view of the ocean. Again, you'll certainly see it in the foreground, but the ocean view villas are high up and you'll be well above the stage. It'll be "beneath" you more than "in front" of you. Anyone low enough to be obstructed by the stage would already be obstructed by trees and those rooms aren't classified as Ocean View to begin with.

Again, assuming they do the same thing as last time, they might be filming the judging portion of the episodes on the lu'au stage. There's not a whole lot going on over there during the day besides character greetings, but those might be more limited availability than usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter