• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Express "White Glove"

Sleepfairy

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any idea of what the true rate of discount is for the Hoop De Doo dinner show if you use the American Express card ?? Disney tells me 10% any show, other postings on various Disney discussion boards say 20% if you stay at a on-site Hotel like the Swan. Anyone know the actual answer to this question ?? IM staying at a onsite hotel and I will use the American Express card. Thank you :bounce:

It seems to vary by CM who sells you the tickets. When we made our HDDR reservations last year, the person on the phone told me the AmEx discount was only good for the 9:30 show; I wanted the early show so I made reservations for that. When I checked in and paid for the tickets though the CM saw my Corporate AmEx in my wallet and told me if I paid with that, he could give me a 20% discount for the early show! Of course, I promptly did that at which point he also gave me a White Glove treatment fanny pack and a discount book. Everything I've read indicates that I wasn't supposed to get that discount, but as noted, the CM took the initiative!

what is CM ? I was also under the undertstanding about the 9:30 show but I have inquired further in other posts on here and it says 20% for onsite hotel guests for any show as long as your party is under 6 people

Both Deb's site and Mousesavers states 10% discount with American Express. ~:)~

A CM is a Disney Castmember, an Employee. It's all a show and the employees are the "cast".

Sleepfairy.....we were staying on-site so maybe that's why we received the 20% discount even though it was an earlier show.....I didn't know about that. We did have a party of 7, but our youngest is less than 3, so maybe they considered that a party of 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter