AMC Dining Theater

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had bought food and eaten and if so is the inside of the theater noisy with people getting food and eating?? Thanks

We have done it this past December. It's a neat experience but we won't do it again. I would estimate about $40/pp for the movie and food. The food is generally pub grub and nothing special. The downside to the fork and dine is that the theaters and hallways really smelled bad. Like really bad. Something akin to rotten food on carpet.

I've never done the fork and dine at the AMC in springs but I've never noticed a smell in the hallways or other theaters.. Pete talks about doing it a lot when a new movie comes out and then enjoys some time in springs after (disunplugged).

It's not somethign different about an AMC at disney, check the website you might have one near your house to try out first and not pay AMC in disney springs prices.

Wow, what kind of people are you expecting in the theater, cows? :D

No, there is no noticeable noise from people eating or ordering. You press a "call button" to order and the waitress comes right to you, so it's quiet. And unless you're eating like a bovine, no noise.

But definitely not cheap. We spent something like $150+ for the 5 of us. Fun, but won't do again.

Thanks - I was just wondering if people coming and going and delivering the food - just noisy. But from what I am hearing about the price I will not be interested. Thanks

You are better off getting food nearby and going there just for the movie. The food there is horrible.

We go there once every trip. I find it to be a fun experience. Food is "decent". It's not noisy. No, it doesn't smell. :rolleyes:

Cost is about what I would expect.

When we started going it was a novelty because we didn't have anything like that here in western Canada. Now its more of a tradition as we have VIP theaters here now.

I personally won't go to a movie unless it's reserved seating.

There is reserved seating at the AMC Dine In, we picked our seats.

The food wasn't bad by any stretch. It's not fancy, but it's typical pub food as someone else mentioned. If the cost was much less, we'd do it again in a heartbeat, the kids loved it. But $150+ for a movie that we can see during a matinee at home for $30 is just too much to ask.

But $150+ for a movie that we can see during a matinee at home for $30 is just too much to ask.

Different perspective and economy I guess. $150 for 5 people to eat a meal and watch a new release movie sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There is no place where I'm from the 5 people would watch a new release for $30. Maybe a movie thats been out for 6 months at the cheap theater if you didn't order any popcorn, drinks, or snacks.

We go there once every trip. I find it to be a fun experience. Food is "decent". It's not noisy. No, it doesn't smell. :rolleyes:

Cost is about what I would expect.

When we started going it was a novelty because we didn't have anything like that here in western Canada. Now its more of a tradition as we have VIP theaters here now.

I personally won't go to a movie unless it's reserved seating.

Actually yes it did smell. Maybe it didn't when you were there but it most certainly did when we were there which was about two weeks ago. The regular theaters were fine but the dine in theaters and hallways smelled rancid.

Actually yes it did smell. Maybe it didn't when you were there but it most certainly did when we were there which was about two weeks ago. The regular theaters were fine but the dine in theaters and hallways smelled rancid.

Well it was fine 5 weeks ago....maybe someone had a full diaper? :crazy2:

In my local Fork and Screen and Cinema Suites you are allowed to bring in food from AMC concessions stand or the MacGruffins bar so it's not always people eating from actual plates/bowls. The only noise really from my experience is eating utensils being used but it isn't really noisy unless someone drops something or bangs it loud against their plate/bowl.

We've never experienced any bad smell in the hallways at any AMC we've been too but YMMV. We haven't been to the one at DS but we did go to the one at Universal's CityWalk in 2011.

We spend an average of $40-$45 and that includes tax and tip for 2 people. Dish items at our local one are $12 and then $16 and drinks I believe are about $5.00 (haven't paid attention to what the apps and desserts are though).

Tickets are different. We used to use the discount passes but we don't now (too many restrictions) and now we split our movie nights between Saturdays and Tuesdays because on Tuesdays at one of our local theaters (the one that is Dine-In) we can get super cheap tickets (Fork and Screen is $4.90/person incl tax and Cinema Suites is $6.00/person incl tax with a Stubs Premiere discount) so it makes the expense of the food a bit easier to take.

The attendants at least at our local Dine-In try to be as quiet as they can. They understand you are trying to watch a movie. When they drop off the tab they don't engage in conversation unless you need something. If you need something during the movie and press the button they don't come in speaking loud-again they try to be as quiet as they can. That also goes for those that are dropping off your food/drinks they don't loudly announce what the dish is in order to give it to the right person they do so quietly. They also are aware of being in the way of the screen too. Of course YMMV.

I thought I was the only one. It smelled like mildew and body odor. This was last week.

Different perspective and economy I guess. $150 for 5 people to eat a meal and watch a new release movie sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There is no place where I'm from the 5 people would watch a new release for $30. Maybe a movie thats been out for 6 months at the cheap theater if you didn't order any popcorn, drinks, or snacks.

Dunno. We're in Atlanta. A weekend matinee (before 5pm) is $6/ticket. Saturday night movie is something like $12, so that's $60 for 5 of us. $90+ dollars will buy a nice dinner.

We noticed no odor whatsoever in the theater...except for the smell of pub food...drool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter