Amazon Order

chartle

DIS Veteran
I just made an order on Amazon and picked free shipping. When I was checking out it said order will be shipped between March 2 and 9th. I though it was a typo or program error but my order email gave me the same date

Really odd. Good thing I don't need it for a present.

With that long out, You probably purchased something that was on back order.

Was it a pre-order? Sometimes I order books before they are released. They send it out on the release date, even though you can order it months in advance.

I ordered something that couldn't give me an exact date and said out of stock. Finally shipping 5 weeks later (Jim Shore Cogsworth figurine). Is yours shipping from out of the country? Maybe coming on the really slow paddle boat from China. o_O

I ordered something that couldn't give me an exact date and said out of stock. Finally shipping 5 weeks later (Jim Shore Cogsworth figurine). Is yours shipping from out of the country? Maybe coming on the really slow paddle boat from China. o_O

No I do order direct from China (banggood.com) and it usually takes a little over 2 weeks for my electronics gadgets.

Except I had an order that I made on Dec 5th that left China Dec 15th then nothing. About to look into it and I got a text that it arrived and left Chicago on Jan 13th. My China packages never go through Chicago. They hit outside NYC and then to my local post office in Pittsburgh.

No all were items fulfilled by Amazon.

No I do order direct from China (banggood.com) and it usually takes a little over 2 weeks for my electronics gadgets.

Except I had an order that I made on Dec 5th that left China Dec 15th then nothing. About to look into it and I got a text that it arrived and left Chicago on Jan 13th. My China packages never go through Chicago. They hit outside NYC and then to my local post office in Pittsburgh.

No all were items fulfilled by Amazon.

Are you a Prime member?

I have run into really long prospective delivery times (like 6 weeks) for a domestic product I had ordered previously without issue. It was not backordered, but I noticed when checking out that there was a comment about if I wanted it faster to sign up with Prime. Thankfully I didn't need it right away and it was there in like 3 weeks, not 6, but still. I was thinking this was a tactic they were using to push me to purchase Prime.

My husband has a second Amazon account. We rarely use it anymore as it doesn't have prime.

I recently was gifted a $20 gift card on his account (couldn't be transferred, it was a credit at check out) , and when I went to use it, the shipping was listed as almost 2 weeks out.

It made me wonder if they are shipping later and later to encourage people to get prime.

I won't be using his account again to order anything.

Are you a Prime member?

I have run into really long prospective delivery times (like 6 weeks) for a domestic product I had ordered previously without issue. It was not backordered, but I noticed when checking out that there was a comment about if I wanted it faster to sign up with Prime. Thankfully I didn't need it right away and it was there in like 3 weeks, not 6, but still. I was thinking this was a tactic they were using to push me to purchase Prime.

No and I now also see that only 2 of the 5 items are coming from Amazon. I thought all free shipping items came from Amazon warehouses.

It may be shipping from Asia. You can cancel it and buy it from a different distributor.

No and I now also see that only 2 of the 5 items are coming from Amazon. I thought all free shipping items came from Amazon warehouses.

No, free shipping can be from anywhere. The seller can offer that themselves, even if the item isn't fulfilled by Amazon.

I was also thinking out of the country. I ordered a Super Mario plush that came straight from China. Took about 3-4 weeks to arrive.

I just placed an order for my dh, the item he wanted was available with prime shipping but when I went to put it in my cart it said "ships in 1 to 2 months" (sold by Amazon) so I didn't get it, paid a little more but got it from someone without prime and it will be here between 1/20-1/25.
It usually tells you the estimated arrival time before you hit the submit order. You can cancel that part of it if you don't want to wait that long.

My husband has a second Amazon account. We rarely use it anymore as it doesn't have prime.

I recently was gifted a $20 gift card on his account (couldn't be transferred, it was a credit at check out) , and when I went to use it, the shipping was listed as almost 2 weeks out.

It made me wonder if they are shipping later and later to encourage people to get prime.

I won't be using his account again to order anything.

:offtopic: (Me not you)

There is a way to link the two accounts, which will allow the second account to use the Prime benefits.

Ok here is one and is Disney related.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0PVWYR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also rechecked the other items and they all say the same thing. Sold X fulfilled by Amazon.

Except this item that is sold and shipped by amazon. but says usually shipped in 1 to 3 months. Though this one said there was only one in stock with more on the way. I think its the one thats holding things up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W13IW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ok here is one and is Disney related.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0PVWYR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also rechecked the other items and they all say the same thing. Sold X fulfilled by Amazon.

Except this item that is sold and shipped by amazon. but says usually shipped in 1 to 3 months. Though this one said there was only one in stock with more on the way. I think its the one thats holding things up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W13IW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Well the Woodstock D3812 Lathe Chisel, 1/2-Inch Spindle Gouge shows sold by Amazon and the company who makes it is Woodstock

WXJ13 Pin Backs Lock Metal Pin Backs, Locking Pin Keepers Backs, 40 Pieces is sold by WXJ13 but fulfilled by Amazon

Sold by Amazon is different than fulfilled by Amazon.

So your chisel is sold by Woodstock International. Under their webpage they have the following information:
upload_2017-1-16_19-7-40.png

I did a google search and that same chisel is sold on e-bay but is listed as out of stock.

Now my honest guess is the unusually long shipping time is due to limited or sold out product. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that sold by Amazon means Amazon has purchased the product from the manufacturer. So if this is the situation and it's due to a limited or sold out product then it means Amazon needs to buy more of said items from the manufacturer thus taking extra time. *Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong*

Fulfilled by Amazon is a seller who has shipped their product to Amazon who holds it in their fulfillment centers.

ETA: The chisel shows on my page (I am a Prime member) the following: FREE Shipping for Prime members once available

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter