• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I Wrong for Not Caring About BOG?

Of course you are not wrong. People like different things. I have yet to eat there. While I'm sure the theming is great I just don't feel the need to eat there. I rarely plan any advanced ADRs and almost never plan them on park days. Because of this usually we go to a monorail resort for any sit down meals on an MK day. I'm sure at some point I will check it out just like I did CRT but if the experience is as mediocre it will be a one and done just like CRT was.

You just have to do what works for you. Some things (restaurants, attractions, etc) that have rave reviews I was unimpressed with, while some things not generally liked, I find I did enjoy. As far as BOG, I have only been there at lunch times, and while we enjoyed our food overall, can’t say it was fantastic. But overall I rarely find a dish anywhere that wows me to the point of wanting to return again soon. It happens, but not often. One thing I did enjoy with BOG was a nice break in an air conditioned spot as both times were in summer.

Hi. Since you have been 8 times for lunch, can you please tell me what you have ordered and what are your favorites. My husband is leaning towards the braised pork, but hoping its not like a pulled pork with BBQ sauce; he would not like that. Any info on the pork? I am thinking maybe the turkey sandwich. Looking forward to hearing what you have ordered and your reviews, if you have the time. Thanks in advance

The braised pork is more like a pork roast, no bbq sauce. It's served with a gravy that seems to have onions and mushrooms in it. I get that every single time and it's great, one of my favorite meals on property.

I broke my neck to get a reservation for my trip last week and I managed to bag a breakfast reservation for my birthday but I wasn’t overly impressed with it to be totally honest.
The atmosphere was good, especially with the Christmas decorations, but the food was just kind of okay and had I not been on the dining plan I would have been really unhappy with the pricing. It was basically the same choices I had in my resort (POR) but with a much bigger price tag.
I won’t be making such a special effort to get a reservation on my next trip that’s for sure!

We had my birthday dinner at BoG on the 15th, at 5pm before the Christmas Party started. I requested the West Wing only, as for me this the only part of the restaurant that feels upscale and intimate. It's a totally different experience compared to the other two rooms available. Our server and food was fantastic, my parents were incredibly impressed. We will always go back, but only sit in the West Wing.

The braised pork is more like a pork roast, no bbq sauce. It's served with a gravy that seems to have onions and mushrooms in it. I get that every single time and it's great, one of my favorite meals on property.

Thanks! Maybe we will both get the pork. Sounds delicious!

I've had the turkey sandwich, roast beef sandwich, and ham sandwich.
Turkey was ok but nothing particularly special.
I loved the roast beef until they served it cold.
Had the ham in September and I'd say its my new go to.
I'm not a "dinner" type of person so I didn't have and will never have the braised pork meal.
My dad on the other hand is a homemade "meat, potatoes, and other veggie" guy and found the braised pork dinner to be right up his alley.
He also does not like BBQ sauce and this does not have anything like that.

Thanks for the information!

On our last 2 trips I've had BOG dinner and lunch reservations that I canceled. The menu does absoutely nothing for us. I have a PPO ADR booked for January, but the prices and menu don't thrill us. I was able to secure a FP for 7DMT at 9:15am that morning and my daughter has already proclaimed that she doesn't want to ride it twice in a row.

Would you cancel it? I would like to actually get in there one day to see the place, but it seems like more of a hassle than a fun dining experience.
I would not pay those prices for breakfast personally. they are almost as much as a character meal. I'd do the "coffee and a cupcake" PPO if I wanted that whole experience. I have dinner booked because I'm just a TS girl and I want to try it out. There is plenty that appeals on the dinner menu to me though. I don't care how hot something is, if the food doesn't appeal I'm not going!

To tell you the truth, you are not missing anything. Went to dinner with my boys, and we were underwhelmed. Only went on our next trip for lunch with hubby because he missed out on our previous trip. The atmosphere is great, but the food is mediocre and totally not worth it.

Everyone has their own preferences. I for one loved dinner at BOG and was lucky enough this past week to snag both a dinner and a lunch for my trip in March and I'm super excited. On the other hand though, you couldn't pay me to attempt CRT and Cinderella is my favorite princess. The chaos in there is crazy and I'm not a fan of the menu.

I'd cancel. We like the atmosphere but that's about it. Lunch is decent and worth it but dinner? Skip.

We've done lunch there twice and the food was just 'ok'. Not a cupcake fan so dessert doesn't appeal to me. Like another poster said it was very loud and chaotic...kind of like a cafeteria loud. We didn't have any problem finding a seat, decor was nice but just seemed like the atomsphere didn't match the setting...

We loved eating in the Beast Castle but didn’t love the food. We would only go back if our girls want to meet the Beast again.

I absolutely love BOG! I mean eating in the beast's castle is so memorable. We only did breakfast though. Why not do it once and see what you think?

*shrug* No interest in Beauty and the Beast, castles, or Princesses in our family, soooooooo we will never need to fight for this reservation :)

Not wrong at all. We went for dinner shortly after it opened and while we really thought it was a beautiful atmosphere the food was lackluster. It was nice to have a couple beers in the MK though. Of course now there are a few more beer options for dinner at the MK thankfully.

On our last 2 trips I've had BOG dinner and lunch reservations that I canceled. The menu does absoutely nothing for us. I have a PPO ADR booked for January, but the prices and menu don't thrill us. I was able to secure a FP for 7DMT at 9:15am that morning and my daughter has already proclaimed that she doesn't want to ride it twice in a row.

Would you cancel it? I would like to actually get in there one day to see the place, but it seems like more of a hassle than a fun dining experience.
You could go in just for cupcakes at a late lunchtime after you have lunch somewhere else. That way you can tour the dining rooms without expending too much time or money.

It's your choice and your taste. If you aren't wowed by the menu, don't feel you NEED to eat there. More room for me, actually. Every time we go, it's our must do and we always have the same thing - braised pork and cup cake - chocolate for him, lemon for me.

The facility is so beautiful to look at that it's a shame they don't have a better restaurant in there. Although there are a lot of character meals, this would be a good spot for one, or a good spot for a signature restaurant (or something like CRT used to be when it was just a restaurant and not a character meal). I really enjoyed the atmosphere but agree that the food was just OK. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great - just OK. I guess as long as they are packing them in, they aren't motivated to make any changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter