Am I planning too much? Dinner lengths?

sprouse0625

Earning My Ears
Hi there! I am a HUGE planner and I know that everything can't be planned, but was wondering if I'm still over planning things.

I've NEVER done any DPs before, as this is my first trip with my own little family :cloud9: (DS - 6, DS - 3, DD - 2, and baby number 4 due in January!). We are going the first week of November for 6 nights. We are hoping to get the regular DP and I was trying to figure out what the days would be like with a break each day for a nap (for kids AND mommy) and actually being tied down to reservations each night for dinner.

I've only "scheduled" out Monday - Thursday, leaving Friday for a "whatever" day.

So far, I've come up with (based on Magic Hours and making sure we get to see Illuminations, Wishes, and Spectromagic at night):

-One park fom 8-2ish each day (which park depends on MHs)
-Break from 2:00-4:30
-Straight from hotel to reservation dinners (in the park of show if applicable). I haven't actually made them yet because we haven't actually BOOKED our package yet. I "scheduled" 2 hours for dinner each night.
-Then show of the night.

So that comes to my question...

How long does it normally take to get seated, eat, and leave for these:
Princess Storybook at Restaurant Akershus at Epcot
Crystal Palace (Dinner) at Magic Kingdom
Whispering Canyon
Hollywood and Vine (the night of Fantasmic!)

ANNNNND....out of those....are there any that aren't worth it or any that I should do instead?

I know that's long winded (I'm a detail giver), but if anyone could give me any advice (am I over thinking it, should we just "go with the flow" which is totally not my style!)

If you're including travel time from the hotel, 2hrs sounds just about right. Obviously it's going to be up to buses (if using them) and other factors, but that's a good number to use.

The only wierd one will be WCC, since it's at another resort and will take a little longer on the transfer (will have to Bus to MK, then Boat over to WL). May want to add some extra time to get there.

Typically, the check-in to saying goodbye time is about 60-90 minutes. Buffets can be quicker since you don't have to wait for ordering and courses).

From a planning standpoint, it looks like you're doing well and the plan itself is fundamentally solid. The Fantasmic package may have you taking your break earlier though, as typically those meals are a bit early.

And lastly, even though you don't have a resort package booked yet, you should still make your dining reservations. There's always a chance that those locations will be booked up by now (yes, even for November), especially the Akershus and CP and if you're hoping for Fantasmic Package @ H&V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter