Am I packing way too early?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Everyone except DH is thinking I'm crazy because I am already packing for my Oct trip. With 3 kids (14, 10, 10.5 months), it is so hard to get a minute to use the bathroom, let alone make a packing list. I bought a ton of stuff that is a little too big for DD now, but will be ok sized (maybe still a little big) when we go. So I am ziplocking and packing costumes and outfits she will not wear until the trip each chance I get. Only DD10.5 months is going with us. I am very concerned that with the length of time we are staying (2 weeks in FL, 10 days at WDW), and the new luggage limits, I want to be prepared well in advance. The packing and deciding also helps pass the days till our trip comes. I get obsessive about what we are going to wear, and don't want to overpack by just tossing things into the luggage last minute. Since DD will be 1 when we go, we will be lugging the stroller and car seat as well. I just want to pack enough to not have to do a wash, but not take more than 1 luggage/person, plus the diaper bag, camera case, and one large carry on. I think this amount of "stuff" will be more than enough for two adults to keep track of. Am I obsessing?

I don't think you are obsessing. If you have the items but aren't using them I would start to pack now. I went in 11/00 and at the end of the summer my bag was packed.

Luckily my 2 daughters have outgrown the strollers/car seats. I used to wonder how the heck we would carry it all plus the girls.

So are your older 2 jealous that they are not going to Disney?

They went with DH and I once, and had a great time. Their dad took them earlier that year as well. I guess I scared them with all the character meals, shows, and shopping, because they didn't care to go again (and they stay with their dad when we go, and he's afraid to have them fly after 9/11, etc etc etc) also because of school. This is our first trip with DD1 (other than when I was pg), so am hoping she has a great time.

No, you're actually smart for packing early. I'm leaving in less than a week and I haven't even started yet. If I had more summer clothes, I could, but we're all still wearing all our summer stuff, so I'll be doing lots of laundry the day before and then packing.

I can't believe it's almost here!!!:bounce:

I don't start packing clothes way in advance, but I do start a "Disney box" and start putting stuff in there I want/need to take ... battery-operated fans, boxes of new crayons, coloring books, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, batteries, film and so forth.

We're leaving in 10 days and now I'm starting to sort my Disney box to figure where I'm packing my "goodies" ... kids' backpacks, kids' suitcases, my suitcase or carry-on or my "purse" ... okay it's really a tote bag but it's my purse for the flight :-)

This weekend I'll probably start putting some of the kids outfits into baggies and then into their suitcases ... my packing will have to wait as I don't have an extensive wardrobe.

So no I don't think you're nuts to be packing!

I do the same thing with a WDW/vacation box. I keep a rubbermaid tub to put things I find on sale thoughout the year. I try to have a running list of what I've bought, but evey now and then I buy 2 of something, LOL.

our trip is in about 6 weeks--I will start packing, or really thinking about it, after Labor Day. It is still hot here, so the kids are usually wearing their clothes right up until the trip.

I am also going in October with DH,DS2 & DS4. I havent started packing yet but I have bought them a whole new wardrobe for Disney which is hanging in there closets. I also have a Disney box with crayons, coloring books, magna doodles, toys, toothbrushes, travel size items, swim diapers for the pool, some other odds and ends. I usually buy something every week to add to the box. I'm so excited about going. My husband would probably think I was crazy though if he knew that I have this box full of stuff. LOL.

I too start packing early but do not put any clothes in the suitcase. I put the suitcases in the guest room and leave them open. As I think of things that I don't need for the rest of the season I will toss it in the suitcase. Things like sunnscreen, APs, fannypacks, ect. For clothes I hang them all up in the guest closet. The night before the trip I literally lay them in the suitcase still on the hangars. When I get to the resort room I just have to take them out and hang them right up in the closet. Instant unpacking! It is so easy and there are less if any wrinkles. I just bought DD her Minnie costume for the MNSSHP and that is hanging up with all the accessories in a plastic bag all on a hangar. My trip isn't until October either but I love the look of an open suitcase with my Mickey napsack laying in it!:earsgirl:

You didn't pack your husband in the suitcase did you? If not, then you should be ok with packing things this early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter