Am I insane?

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
Here now... it seems like all manners have gone out the window.

Probably my biggest pet peeve is in elevators. I was always taught that you wait for someone to exit the elevator before entering. Instead, I've nearly been toppled down before exiting the elevator multiple times.

On the flip side, when the buses come, it's. I holds barred. A man nearly pushed my mother over last night to enter the bus.

I will say, a gentleman gave up how seat for my mother last night so not all chivalry or Ettiquete is dead, but wow.

Am I insane? Is this a cultural thing? It drives me nuts.

Too many people in too much of a rush to worry about common etiquette. I was also taught to hold doors for ladies, give up your seat, etc but if you're never taught you will never know.

The only time I ever saw a scene was when a man was trying to get up the ramp in his ECV onto the bus and couldn't quite get there. So instead, he stands up, straddles the thing, and CARRIES IT ONTO THE BUS! Several interesting comments were sent his way about his need of an electric cart and getting on to the bus first. Draw your own conclusions I guess, but if he was in any pain, it must have been caused by carrying his cart around the parks.:thumbsup2

Too many people in too much of a rush to worry about common etiquette. I was also taught to hold doors for ladies, give up your seat, etc but if you're never taught you will never know.

The only time I ever saw a scene was when a man was trying to get up the ramp in his ECV onto the bus and couldn't quite get there. So instead, he stands up, straddles the thing, and CARRIES IT ONTO THE BUS! Several interesting comments were sent his way about his need of an electric cart and getting on to the bus first. Draw your own conclusions I guess, but if he was in any pain, it must have been caused by carrying his cart around the parks.:thumbsup2

Exactly. I even go as far as removing my hat when I go indoors (at the resort, etc., not really in the parks) that could be a bit over the top... but even something as little as allowing someone to exit before entering the door. I always allow women/ladies to exit the elevator before I step out as well.

I think it could be a combo of bad manners with a general desensization that occurs from walking shoulder to shoulder with a hundred thousand people for hours on end, jockeying for position in restaurant queues, restrooms, etc. We just got back from the week before Christmas, and honestly, when there is another stranger on your shoulder at every turn, you can get dulled to the presence of other people. Now, an elevator is a concrete, easy place for manners, so no excuses there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter