Alone in my excitment

I hope you have a wonderful time and your husband finds that Disney magic...have lots of fun, I know your daughters will!

I hope he enjoys the trip. My husband didn't love our first WDW trip together and I think that is because I tried to stuff too many activities in. We are going again in a week and this time my plan is to take it much slower. I also planned things that he will specifically enjoy (like eating tacos and taking boat rides). Hopefully going with your children will help him love the trip!

How soon in advance did you book this?

We are going in October and it was about 2 weeks ago we actually found one. I was able to find a reservation for 2 at 11:25 for my daughter and me. My wife has her own linked MDE account. I then logged in with hers and found a reservation for 1 at 11:35. Since it is lunch and seating is not reserved (it's just a number of people thing) we are able to do this hopefully with no problems. It wouldn't necessarily work for dinner since it is table related but lunch makes it easier.

We are going in October and it was about 2 weeks ago we actually found one. I was able to find a reservation for 2 at 11:25 for my daughter and me. My wife has her own linked MDE account. I then logged in with hers and found a reservation for 1 at 11:35. Since it is lunch and seating is not reserved (it's just a number of people thing) we are able to do this hopefully with no problems. It wouldn't necessarily work for dinner since it is table related but lunch makes it easier.
I love your genius workaround!! Thanks for sharing this tip!

My DH also hates heat (as in we turn on our heat about 2 weeks/year total) and crowds. He didn't get to go to WDW as a kid and never understood why I loved it so much. Well 14 years ago I took him on a 'just us' trip for his first time and planned a trip with the kiddos a year later. Now, 10+ trips later, he loves it!! We had to take a long break from going as a family due to school and soccer schedules and for those past several years he probably says "I miss WDW" more than the kids and I do!! There is hope!

My partner is similar to your husband (although admittedly, not as bad). Before he came into our lives, all of or trips consisted of just my daughter and myself, so it was easy to buildup the excitement. Last year was the first time we took him along, and he was NOT looking forward to it at all, and he looked near-suicidal during our first park day at MK. Long story short, the magic finally hit him at Animal Kingdom. He loves animals, and frankly, he looked like a kid there! We ended going a second time to AK just to do the Safari again! I noticed that for him, the recipe for magic were animals (or Star Wars, lol), and beer.

We go again in 2 weeks, and although he's not that excited yet, I've planned a surprise to make sure that he LOVES this trip. We're staying at AKL with a savannah view room, and we'll do AK first this trip, instead of MK. I even booked a night safari at AKL for our arrival night! My daughter is super excited no matter what (AKL will be a surprise for her, too) but regardless was more than willing to give up our "MK First" tradition to make this trip really special for him. For her, I made sure to book an ADR for dinner at the 50's Prime Time Diner - her favorite, and to allow a full day at EPCOT (her favorite park).

My advice is just to find the little things that make the trip "magical" for each person, and makes sure to include a little bit of each of those things in your trip. I love it all, so I'm pretty happy with anything!

Add me to the list with a converted DH!! We went on our first family trip in 2014, I was sure it was going to be 1 and done because DH would hate it. He was not at all excited about that trip. He had never been before and just had no idea what it was really like. Well, a dinner at Biergarten and several drinks at the pool bar later, he was hooked! I just booked our 3rd family trip for June 2017! You never know, your DH might surprise you! I agree with trying to add things that you know he will enjoy into your schedule and just see how it goes. Good luck!!

Hope for him to get some pixie dust, especially as he sees the magic through your children's eyes! For many seeing the castle and fireworks, and seeing your children meet their favorite character melts their heart. The theming and attention to detail is amazing as well. Maybe these things will at least make it enjoyable for him, even if he is not converted to a fan. My DH and DS16 are definitely not the type that are dieing to go(although I did get 4 trips in with them partially due to free dining), and just DD and I went last yr for a quick trip last Dec. to see Osbourne lights for the last time:sad: and doing BBB once more since she was 12. But both of the boys love LeCellier for their steak, and last time discovered the fun of making faces/poses on ride photos, and rode many over and over just to do new ones - go figure! And we all love Soarin(will see about new one) and TSMM.

Even DD13 is up and down(surprise, surprise!) but would love to go back to stay at AKL and have her special juice at Tusker House. She is now also a huge SW fan, and got to do a little last Dec. line meet Chewy, but now could see stage show with her fave BB8 and fireworks(even DS16 is getting into it, so will probably check it out on Senior Trip next yr.) So I am alone as the true fanatic, always ready for a next trip, and love being on here where we all "get it!":earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter