All this strategizing is giving me a headache, help please..

livetocruise

Earning My Ears
Current situation: We are booked through Dreams Unlimited (not convinced I like them yet) in All Star Movies September 22-26 (Sun-Thurs) with an upgrade to the standard dining plan from our free quick-service, and a 4-day magic your way base ticket. While this package deal seems like a good offer, I am not so sure bundling everything was the way to go.

The original plan was to fly in Thursday 9/19 for my hubby's work conference, then head over to Disney on Sunday when he is done. His employer is paying for our hotel stay at Buena Vista Palace 9/19-9/22.

Now we are seriously contemplating flying in Wednesday 9/18, and going to AK Thursday before his meetings start that evening.

Now the dilemma is where to stay for that first night. I would like to stay somewhere that has free transportation to the park since we won't have our own vehicle. I found a deal on All Star Music for $89/night which seems pretty reasonable to me, especially since it includes ME.

The problem comes in that we have to get our tickets earlier than originally planned, to use them that Thursday. By bundling them with the room, it takes away the excellent room only rate.

I hope I haven't lost you yet, I don't know how because I'm confusing myself. Ugh.

I am considering cancelling my dreams unlimited reservation and doing this all myself, separate, or just having them separate everything (will they do that?)
I am thinking about purchasing the tickets by themselves (6 days, no hopper) just to have them and get them discounted.
Then I can get the room only cheaper rate that first night.
I still want to get the free dining discount for the 4 nights that we are staying the next week, can I get that on my own? The Disney website says it has to be a 5 night stay?

I don't know how much more it costs or if it'll end up being the same, but I don't think we need all the extras that the magic your way package includes.

If this made any sense at all, please help me to figure out the best, most affordable way, to book this trip.

Here's my two cents of what I would do:

I would rent points from a DVC member and stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (I like Jamba over Kidani). For that Wednesday night you're looking at 11 points, and people rent points for $12-14 per point. Sometimes you can find points for a little less if they expire soon. You wouldn't have the resort or sales tax on top, would stay at an awesome resort, and have a great room. The studio is basically a little larger than a hotel room and includes a kitchenette.

I would purchase the tickets separately. We buy through Undercover Tourist. I think they still have some tickets at the previous rate before the increase at the beginning of June. We buy hoppers that don't expire with 7 to 10 days. This way we get multiple trips out of our tickets. It's more expensive on he first trip, but is nice on the return trips. It just depends on how often you'll go to a park, if you'll go to multiple parks in a day, and if you're planning a return trip. It's not worth the extra fee for hopping if you're not going to use it.

Good luck!

Thanks, where would I look to rent DVC points??

Also MODS: I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, feel free to move it to a more appropriate one...shouldn't post while I'm half asleep:blush:

Just so you know you can not keep your free dining if you separate the package and buy the tickets separately. You will then have to pay for the dining which I am sure is more than the savings you are getting for 1 night.

In order to have the free dining package you must purchase the room, and tickets together as a package

Just so you know you can not keep your free dining if you separate the package and buy the tickets separately. You will then have to pay for the dining which I am sure is more than the savings you are getting for 1 night.

In order to have the free dining package you must purchase the room, and tickets together as a package

just so you know...this thread was from June regarding a trip that ended 2 months ago... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter