All questions about 5X Rewards here...

I got a postcard yesterday for October 1-December 31; this time I have a $750 minimum but I can't find ANYTHING that says it's for the specific categories it usually is: gas, grocery, hotels & airfare:confused3 Could I possibly be reading it correctly in that it's now on ALL purchases? I have a hard time getting up to $750 on gas & groceries, but if I can use it on everything I can get to the $750 on day care alone! Anyone else get this offer??
Mine reads:
For every eligible dollar you spend above $750 each month, you'll accumulate Disney Dream Rewards Dollars at 5X the regular rate.

In the fine print it says:
You do not earn rewards on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, money orders interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your Account.

I'm taking this to mean that ALL purchases over $750/month that would normally qualify for the 1% back will now be rewarded 5X the normal amount of rewards dollars.

There have been offers just about every quarter this year. My postcards came in Jan., Apr., June and today. Each one of them had the choice of a phone number to call or a website to visit. And there was a unique PIN number that was associated with one account number.

The July-Aug.-Sept postcard stated that you could enroll in the promotion as late as 9/30/2009 and still have your bonuses retroactively applied. You won't lose anything by making a call to the Chase Disney Rewards call center to see if you had an offer for this period. It's worth a try.

Does anyone have the phone number to call about the July-Aug-Sept promotion?

Mine reads:

I'm taking this to mean that ALL purchases over $750/month that would normally qualify for the 1% back will now be rewarded 5X the normal amount of rewards dollars.

Same with me! This would actually be great for me if it's all purchases, because like I said, day care gets me over that $750 hump pretty quickly! I love bonus rewards!:lovestruc

I got a postcard yesterday for October 1-December 31; this time I have a $750 minimum but I can't find ANYTHING that says it's for the specific categories it usually is: gas, grocery, hotels & airfare:confused3 Could I possibly be reading it correctly in that it's now on ALL purchases? I have a hard time getting up to $750 on gas & groceries, but if I can use it on everything I can get to the $750 on day care alone! Anyone else get this offer??
Yep - my threshhold was $500 but there are no categories. I will be putting EVERYTHING on my charge now!

Does anyone have the phone number to call about the July-Aug-Sept promotion?
The phone number on the postcard is only good if you also have your 10-digit enrollment PIN that is also on the card.

You might have luck by calling the Disney Rewards Program customer service number: 800-300-8575. Someone there might be able to help you, but only if the offer had been extended to you in the first place.

Yep - my threshhold was $500 but there are no categories. I will be putting EVERYTHING on my charge now!

Just check for what they top you off at. USually there is a $100 cap on rewards you can earn which comes up pretty fast. If that is your limit once you've cahrged $2500 on your card you will have earned the $100 bonus and anything after that will only be earning at the 1% rate.

My top-off is $5000- everything is going on the card! It will make for a nice lump toward our January 2010 trip!

got my card on Saturday and enrolled. Any purchases over $250 in a month in the following catagories:grocery, dining, gas and airline purchases will earn the 5x reward. We are going to the world in 3 weeks, so we will use it to pay for our dining AND we are driving from northern indiana, so we will use it for gas. Couldn't have come at a better time.:thumbsup2

Does anyone know exactly what stores "qualify"? I think we tried this promotion once because we put EVERYTHING on credit and then pay it off each month. But if I remember correctly, they didn't pay out squat last time because none of the places I usually shop like Walmart don't count. I found it funny that we got a different Visa and started using that and disregarded our first Visa. So of course we got a postcard about the Visa we haven't been using lately.

I just called....and they said ANY purchase and NO theshold on our offer:cool1: So I will be charging everything and we will pay off the balance each month. The limit of points is 200.

I just called....and they said ANY purchase and NO theshold on our offer:cool1: So I will be charging everything and we will pay off the balance each month. The limit of points is 200.

I got the same one and trying hard to wait until tomorrow to do all my shopping-lol! I have grocery shopping to do, walmart shopping and I can buy a giftcard to payoff my jcpenny acct off. Then i will make sure to pay off my disney card each month-yipeeee!

Hey guys, Pixiedust worked, I just received my postcard in the mail this afternoon, and it's better than the last offer I received which was having to spend $1000 in the 4 cats.

This offer is having to spend $500 in the 4 cats, dining, gas, groceries and airline tickets to receive 5X bonus pts. Now I have to charge everything to receive enough extra pts to pick up another 10-day, non-expiration ticket. The maximum bonus pts is 100.

One question is that 100 per month or a 100 total over the 3 months?
Thanks.

Hi,

I got the 5X rewards dollars in the 4 catagories groceries, airline, dining, and gas on all purchases in these catatories after 1000.00 per month. :yay: I called to register my number listed on the card I was sent, and then asked a lot of questions about the restrictions for the offer. :thumbsup2

Here is what I was told by the rep. I spoke with who was very helpful and willing to answer my questions. To get the answers call the number on the back of your charge card.

You can use individual catagories or combine the catagories in each seperate month, but you have to spend the 1000.00 base amount each month and then what is spent over that in the listed catagories you get the 5X rewards dollars and are only allowed to recieve a total of 100.00 in bonus rewards dollars during the 3 months which are Oct, Nov and Dec for me. I was told you can not carry over the amounts spent from month to month.

I also called to ask what types of stores and dining places you could use. I was told that you had to shop at freestanding grocery stores like Food Lion or Harris Teeter and Walmart, Target, Sams, etc. doesn't count. I was also told that I could only use dining like Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden but McDonalds, Wendys and Starbucks won't because they are "fast food" and don't count. She told me that Panera Bread and didn't count as dining they are listed as fast food dining and they don't count. She was reading something that stated "fast food" or "dining". :confused3

I am not sure if this is true for the rest of you that got the same offer but you may want to call and confirm the types of places you can shop before you go and charge and it won't count. ;)

Hope this information help you. :thumbsup2

Finally, I got one I can actually earn a few extra on. Usually I get the bizarre after $5000, but today I got the anything over $1000. Perfect because I use it for everything then pay it off at the end of the month, but now way $5000-- more like $2500. Groceries and gas are my biggest spend on items so I should be earning a few extra :cool1:

This offer is having to spend $500 in the 4 cats, dining, gas, groceries and airline tickets to receive 5X bonus pts. Now I have to charge everything to receive enough extra pts to pick up another 10-day, non-expiration ticket. The maximum bonus pts is 100.

One question is that 100 per month or a 100 total over the 3 months?
Thanks.
It's 100 bonus rewards dollars total in the 3-month period.

I just want you to be aware that the 5X bonus is not paid on the first $500 spent in those categories each month. It is only paid on any spending over $500 total in a calendar month and only in those 4 categories. :teacher:

To get 100 bonus rewards dollars, you will have to spend $2500 total in those categories above the monthly $500 threshold. That could be as much as $4000 in CC charges for groceries, gas, airline and dining over a 3-month period. :faint:

I also called to ask what types of stores and dining places you could use. I was told that you had to shop at freestanding grocery stores like Food Lion or Harris Teeter and Walmart, Target, Sams, etc. doesn't count. I was also told that I could only use dining like Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden but McDonalds, Wendys and Starbucks won't because they are "fast food" and don't count. She told me that Panera Bread and didn't count as dining they are listed as fast food dining and they don't count. She was reading something that stated "fast food" or "dining". :confused3

A hint for those of you who got this offer and frequent fast food places or like to shop at Walmart and Target...

Buy gift cards at your grocery store for those places. My local Genuardi's/Safeway has a Gift Card Mall that is loaded with all kinds of fast food GCs like Subway, McDonald's, Starbucks and Panera. It shows up on your statement as a grocery purchase and you can then use the GCs for your fast food fix! :thumbsup2

I did that to boost my monthly totals the past two promotions and it worked! Now I have a couple Petsmart, Best Buy and Kohl's GCs that I can either use to make purchases or give as gifts. :)

To the previous poster in regards to the GC suggestion, that is a great idea :thumbsup2 and hadn't thought of that one.

I did think of purchasing a gas GC at the Shell station and giving them to my two children and getting the credit for that. :cool1:

Thank for the suggestion. :thumbsup2

I finally got a 5X offer too and it's for the 1,000.00. So I figured if I really want the extra rewards I can always buy even the gift cards for the Grocery Store. What I make in interest on my savings is smaller than what I get in rewards. But I sure wish they would make these either more often or more reasonable.

I was curious to see how I've done with the bonus awards the past two quarters so I looked up my statements online. Here's how I made out:

Jan.-Mar. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $250 hurdle) $79 bonus dollars
Apr.-Jun. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $500 hurdle) $60 bonus dollars
Jul.-Sept. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $250 hurdle) $14 bonus dollars for July
That's 153 rewards dollars I wouldn't have if I hadn't gotten the offers. If you consider that I usually paid for my groceries with cash before this, it probably netted me about 70 additional dollars by encouraging me to charge my groceries.

Each of those had a limit of 100 bonus rewards dollars, so I didn't even come close to maxing them out. I'll see how close I come for the third offer because I won't see all of those bonus dollars until Dec.

I was curious to see how I've done with the bonus awards the past two quarters so I looked up my statements online. Here's how I made out:

Jan.-Mar. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $250 hurdle) $79 bonus dollars
Apr.-Jun. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $500 hurdle) $60 bonus dollars
Jul.-Sept. (dining, groceries, airfare, gas - $250 hurdle) $14 bonus dollars for July
That's 153 rewards dollars I wouldn't have if I hadn't gotten the offers. If you consider that I usually paid for my groceries with cash before this, it probably netted me about 70 additional dollars by encouraging me to charge my groceries.

Each of those had a limit of 100 bonus rewards dollars, so I didn't even come close to maxing them out. I'll see how close I come for the third offer because I won't see all of those bonus dollars until Dec.

We haven't gotten the 5 times for Apr-Sept this year, but have before that with the same offer as you state. (same categories, 250 threshold and $100 max per period)

My offer for Oct 1 to Dec 31 is anything - all purchases over $250 per month with a $200 limit. I thought the $200 max plus no categories was really great!! I know the bonus does come in handy. Last year we did earn by putting all groceries on the card, usually we don't do this.

Also, most important is not to get caught up with spending more on the card and not being able to pay off at each month. (I think that's what the bank's real hope is, so we pay high interest to get a few extra Disney Dollars, why else would they do it for us that pay in full every month)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!