CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Also off topic a bit...how long is the walk from CB to Universal Studios? To Citywalk? Thx

Depends how fast you walk.

We have a friend with kids who took 20 minutes to walk to the park entrance.

Safe to assume 20 min is the longest you've heard it take? We walk pretty fast even with kids.

Can I ask what is at Cabana Bay in terms of washer/ dryer facilities?

Going for 2 weeks bu don't wan to take too many clothes. I'd rather just wash hem every few days

We took the shuttle instead of walking as it was so easy. There was always a bus waiting! (We went this past mid-April and did 4 days in the parks).

I've noticed that often getting two rooms is cheaper than a suite at most hotels, so it's quite possible that's the same here. We did two connecting standard rooms when we stayed at CB. (For under $100 a night each room).

We've used the washer/dryer while there too.

Hi we are planing our Nov 2017 trip! We would like to stay at CB for 3 nights... Are the buses wheel chair accessible?

Do we know how many 2-bedrooms suites there are?

I agree that they look super appealing. My next trip is going to (hopefully) be three of us and the ability for everyone to have their own separate space would be ideal. However, when I looked at random date in early May, one two-bedroom suite was just a little cheaper than booking two separate tower suites. What's up with that?

The Universal website is down right so I haven't been able to play around with any other dates to see how much it fluctuates.

There are 20 of the 2 Bedroom Suites.

In the family suites, are the coffee makers pots, pods, or k-cups? Will they leave extra coffee or do they charge for it? There are 4 adults and we all need at least one cup before we head to the parks

• Cuisinart single coffee pod brewer

the info was located in the sticky.

you can request additional coffee pods, no charge
Star Service can bring them to your room if housekeeping does not leave enough of the pods.

Star Service is a Loews feature with their hotels.
a free service for your personal needs of additional pillows/blankets, coffee/tea pods, toothbrush, comb, (needed forgotten items) etc brought to your room.

SS is on the phone set up in all the deluxe rooms.
from what i have read online, the values have some type of Star Service available.

What's the difference between courtyard family suite and the tower family suites? Which one one is closer to food court and/or bus? Trying to decide which one to book. Also it says you can buy s'mores kit for the fire pit, can you bring you own stuff? We are driving so I'm bringing snacks with us.
Side question...where would be the best place to eat with characters for dinner?)sponge bob or minions
Thanks!

I am looking to book vacation for 2 at CB for 7 days. Was wondering a couple of things.

1. Is it cheaper to purchase a vacation package including a standard room, Explore Tickets, and transportation for 2 rather then paying for everything separately?

2. How does it work in terms of room deposit, buying tickets, and transportation when buying everything separately?

3. We always book at WDW and find it difficult to spend any more than 4 or 5 days at the park before getting board. I'm concerned that it will be hard to spend 7 days at Universal. We are not interested in leaving property to do other things other than what is available at US, IOA, and Volcano Bay. We have been to US and IOA a number of times so it won't be that new to us. Any suggestions on keeping busy?

Thanks in Advance.

The only transportation starting from Cbay as the base is uber, taxi or private car service

The 3 deluxe hotels have the black sedans that can be hired out

I'm not familiar with any other sources

If there are, hopefully some will post here to help you out

Can't decide if it's worth booking a Standard Poolview ($170) room or just a Standard room ($154 CDN). We are staying for four nights, but two of those days will be full at US. So we will likely have 1.5 days to use the resort facilities.

Where do you end up if in a regular standard room?

I would go with standard room and save the $$

You have the downtime at the hotel and don't have to be right at poolside for the extra walk to it

Can't decide if it's worth booking a Standard Poolview ($170) room or just a Standard room ($154 CDN). We are staying for four nights, but two of those days will be full at US. So we will likely have 1.5 days to use the resort facilities.

Where do you end up if in a regular standard room?
I too would skip the pool view and just go standard. We've been in standard rooms on the courtyard side twice now, and were on the back of the building. Yes we had a parking lot view, but the curtain is almost always closed for privacy when we were in the room so we didn't care at all. And you literally just walk around the front of the building and you are at the pool.. takes less than a minute. We've never stayed tower side, so I can't speak to that, but again I think it affects your view not your location. With our exchange rate so awful , it's an easy way to shave a little off the budget :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!