All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

We will definitely see you then. :thumbsup2 We will be there October 5-13. I hope you enjoy being at Pop, and now there is the plus of being able to walk over and see Art of Animation, too. That's something I like about being at any of the All Stars - there are three different resorts to see, enjoy, and photograph. :)
Nice news!!! It's going to be my first dismeet:woohoo:. I only hope you'll understand my brazilian accent...:rolleyes1.I told my son, who looked at me as I was crazy or something ( well, these types of "mom you are really weird" looks doesn't affect me anymore , he's a teenager after all...);).I'm sure we are going to like POP, I've stayed at the Contemporary ( 3 times), Polynesian,Dolphin ( in my honeymoon), Port Orleans and All Star Movies and I liked them all :goodvibes!Are you staying at POP too? Do you have a favorite building?

You know how I have talked about doing a Disney Water Features collage for a few years now? Well, how 'bout we look at water in Disney World this morning? :goodvibes They are not all water fountains, and in some the water is not the main feature really, but it may just have a subtle role in the scene. There aren't a lot. I was just scrolling through some albums and came across these. Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds of Disney water this morning.

disneysummmmer045.jpg

AKLMay2010130.jpg

AKLMothersDaytrip165.jpg

AKLMay2010491.jpg

AKLMay2010204.jpg

Does this count?

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

disney3-18-09AKEpcot141.jpg

disneysummmmer116.jpg

DisneySummer20112ndset068.jpg

DisneySummer20112ndset558.jpg

Raise your hand if you could picture yourself at any of those places. What were you feeling, hearing, smelling, seeing?
Did it make you smile? :)
I hope so. Have a good day, dear friends!
:cloud9: :) :) :) :) :) :cloud9: :lovestruc

I loved playing "name that water feature" :cloudnine:

I am sure Jillyb and I could make the trip.
Only time I went up we all went camping. Lots of nice places to stay there.

I love the breakfast pics! Too bad I can't just go get some right now. It is fun to imagine though. :goodvibes

Well I'm kinda in need of some Disney mojo to get me on my way to work this morning.
I was up early and took my DMom and Lexi to the airport.
They are off to my Gramma's for 2 weeks. (I will miss them terribly :sad:)
Well maybe not that much...more like :sad1:
I know they will have a great time.
They have a long layover today so they are going to visit the zoo to pass the time.
It was the only flight available on short notice and there aren't many flights that even go that far up north.
My Gramma is 94 and she has had a few heath issues lately and my DMom just wants to go see how she is.
My Gramma has been very fortunate and has been very healthy up til now.
She even still drives. :)

We all can sympathize with Jill. She should take some time for herself.
Oh, I bet she is excited getting things ready for Sophie.
And back to school shopping is fun too!

Thanks for the pick me up Memom.
I guess I need to drag my bones off to work and make some money.

I think Vero sounds lovely! You would have a blast!

I looked at Gaitlinburg...17 hrs drive. I'm not ruling it out completely because I can drive that far in a day. (same time to Myrtle Beach)
If I can find cheap flights, I may consider it.
I could combine a beach trip with it, hmmm something to ponder. I havn't been to Myrtle Beach in a while.
If not you can count on me seeing you next Christmas!!! :cool1:

This is OT, but where do you turn off of I-95 when you go to Myrtle Beach? If you get on I-40, you will come near where I live!! Just curious!

Yeah, we'll make it. We're just very much happier when we can make three trips a year. ;) We're only doing two this year - the summer one and an October one. In no way am I getting tired of Disney World, but I know Brooklynn would really like going to Sea World, and we have this opportunity to go to Vero, so we have some non-Disney and not too expensive options. :thumbsup2

What dates are you thinking about for December 2013?

Probably the day after Christmas- New Year's Day or so dependng on school. We still haven't made it to Sea World either. We did go to Universal last Aug and that was fun. We went to Vero in 2006, they day after Tropical Storm Alberto, so Vero wasn't in it's prime.....but we still had fun!! I want to go back sometime.

Always good to have you visit, Scott. :)

Are you there on the night of the 12th? We're going to try to meet up with Katie that evening before her castle meal. Would that work for you, maybe?

The first time we met Henry, he was asleep, but don't forget, we did meet him when he was awake!

IMG_1364.jpg

Yes, we'll probably do Christmas to a day or two after NY, just depending on how that falls. I have to look at a calendar. We have gotten good flight prices on Christmas Day, and it's a fun time to fly in. We have a very low-key and simple Christmas morning, and then head out. It makes it nice for Jill because Santa doesn't have to buy a lot, and they don't need a lot. :santa:

Pencil in the date, then! If anyone knows of some good places to stay up there, I'm up for ideas, and I will ask around here, as well.

I would also like to go in Oct sometime and do MNSSHP.

Looks like we have a Christmas 2013 Dismeet plan in the works already!!! :lmao: Nothing like planning early!!!!!

This is OT, but where do you turn off of I-95 when you go to Myrtle Beach? If you get on I-40, you will come near where I live!! Just curious!

Hi, we usually get off I-95 and take SC-38, then US-501 to North Kings Hwy.
You are very lucky to get to live near the beach.
I've been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a child and I love it. My parents were die hard golfers, enough said. ;)
I would go anytime...but Disney World is still my first love.
I'm kinda excited to daydream about a possible quick trip there next summer.
My DMom and Lexi have given their thumbs up already.

It would be a fun time if Memom & BrooklynnsMommy were to join us for some beach time.

You know how I have talked about doing a Disney Water Features collage for a few years now? Well, how 'bout we look at water in Disney World this morning? :goodvibes They are not all water fountains, and in some the water is not the main feature really, but it may just have a subtle role in the scene. There aren't a lot. I was just scrolling through some albums and came across these. Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds of Disney water this morning.

AKLMay2010491.jpg

Ahhhh....your Disney water pics are awesome! I can picture myself in any of those places.

One of my all time favorites is the Poly waterfall! I love the smell of the water and the flowers are so pretty.
The tropical feel is so captivating and I am truly happy standing there and just soaking it all in.
No trip is ever complete without a visit there.

I got our Mickey mail today!!! The trip is getting close.
Soon I will be able to be in your pics. Can't wait! :)

I know Brooklynn & Bella would love Sea World. I would recommend it.
Are you sure you could be that close and not go to WDW? I don't think I could do it.

Oh, Disney Water love it and what beautiful pictures of the water you have there! Really did make me smile today. How I wish I could be in any of those places! :goodvibes Thanks MeMom! :-)

The water pictures are beautiful! I could picture myself in several of those places.

We need to figure out how they jumped into those pictures in Mary Poppins so we can jump into our Disney pictures. :)

Love all the water photos! Made for a very magical morning! I'll have to get a photo of the water "feature" outside my window right now for you. We are 150 yards from the edge of Lake Huron.

I would love to see that!

I think it would be a good possibility that we could be there. A lot would depend on when youth camps are next year. If they stay on a similar schedule as this year, we should be able to come.

Love the breakfast and the water pictures. I think the fountains in EPCOT are some of my favorites (especially when my girls are standing in front of them).

The Vero part will depend on our church camps, too. I am working on putting my vote in now. Hopefully it will work out, but I am just one vote among the entire staff, so we will see. Meeting on a Saturday in Gatlinburg should not be a problem, though.

I love Disney water!

Yep. ::yes:: It takes on a special feeling in WDW.

Great bkfst and water pics! There are so many unique water features to e seen. I am sad we will miss you guys=we arrive on the 13th....

I am sorry about that, too. The girls sure had fun together!

Oh, how I wish I was there now!

Me, too - especially since I dared to read my school e-mail yesterday and see all that is waiting for us as we start the new year. :upsidedow

Nice news!!! It's going to be my first dismeet. I only hope you'll understand my brazilian accent....I told my son, who looked at me as I was crazy or something ( well, these types of "mom you are really weird" looks doesn't affect me anymore , he's a teenager after all...);).I'm sure we are going to like POP, I've stayed at the Contemporary ( 3 times), Polynesian,Dolphin ( in my honeymoon), Port Orleans and All Star Movies and I liked them all !Are you staying at POP too? Do you have a favorite building?

Between your accent and ours, it could get interesting. :laughing:

We'll try to convince your son that we are normal, not crazy. ;)

We are staying at Pop. We also booked one night to stay at Art of Animation. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay at a new resort the first year it opened.

I take it that means you like Disney water, too? :goodvibes

I loved playing "name that water feature"

I am sure Jillyb and I could make the trip.
Only time I went up we all went camping. Lots of nice places to stay there.

If you get a chance to do some research, let us know about some good hotels close to Dollywood.

I would also like to go in Oct sometime and do MNSSHP.

Looks like we have a Christmas 2013 Dismeet plan in the works already!!! Nothing like planning early!!!!!

You would love MNSSHP!

I like to have Disney plans for at least the next 6-12 months out. It allows me to function normally in the real world. :thumbsup2

Hi, we usually get off I-95 and take SC-38, then US-501 to North Kings Hwy.
You are very lucky to get to live near the beach.
I've been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a child and I love it. My parents were die hard golfers, enough said.
I would go anytime...but Disney World is still my first love.
I'm kinda excited to daydream about a possible quick trip there next summer.
My DMom and Lexi have given their thumbs up already.

It would be a fun time if Memom & BrooklynnsMommy were to join us for some beach time.

As much as I would love to, we will be coming home after Gatlinburg. Dollywood will be at the end of the Vero trip, so it will be time to go back home after that. We certainly will not rule out a Myrtle Beach meet one of these days, though! :woohoo:

Ahhhh....your Disney water pics are awesome! I can picture myself in any of those places.

One of my all time favorites is the Poly waterfall! I love the smell of the water and the flowers are so pretty.
The tropical feel is so captivating and I am truly happy standing there and just soaking it all in.
No trip is ever complete without a visit there.

I got our Mickey mail today!!! The trip is getting close.
Soon I will be able to be in your pics. Can't wait!

I know Brooklynn & Bella would love Sea World. I would recommend it.
Are you sure you could be that close and not go to WDW? I don't think I could do it.

I agree with you about the Polynesian. I can't be in WDW and not go for a visit there. I can't wait until we get to stay there some day! :cool1:

Oh, Disney Water love it and what beautiful pictures of the water you have there! Really did make me smile today. How I wish I could be in any of those places! Thanks MeMom!

Good to see you here, buddy! Glad we could bring you a smile. :) If you could only pick one of those pictures to jump into, which would it be?

I'd like to ask you all to keep a couple of families in your thoughts and prayers in the days ahead. The lady that has been sitting at the other end of my pew at church for the last several years died this week. She was a sweet, unassuming lady named Muriel in real life, but to the country music world, her name was Kitty Wells. Some of you from the southern states have heard of her, I'm sure. Her husband, Johnnie Wright, sang with her. He died last fall. They had kids and grandkids who grew up going to the same school my kids grew up in. Keep her family in your prayers as they grieve their loved one.

Also, keep in mind the lady that sits behind me. Her name is Cheryl. Her husband has been sick off and on for years, and the only troubles she has had is knee issues. She found out while I was gone to Florida that she has inoperable cancer in her stomach. She said the first thing she thought of when they told her was how fast Joan was gone. She's concerned about her grandchildren, because her son has already died and she helps with his children and with her daughter's children. Losing her will leave a huge void for this family. She's concerned about her husband being sick and alone. This is a very giving couple who met when they were both living in an 'orphan home', so they have grown up together.

As always, we don't know when our time will come to leave this earth, so let's make the best and the most of the opportunities we have to live and love and give and serve. Thank you for your friendships that brighten our lives daily! :flower3:

First - your friends will be in my prayers! I also heard of Kitty Wells and I think I read about this in our paper recently. How difficult for Cheryl and her family.

Second - the water pictures were lovely - I would jump into a Poly scene for sure! I am so excited for our October trip to get to eat there twice! Ohana dinner and Kona breakfast!!! I really would love to spend a week there. Ahhhh! that's how I feel when I see those pictures!:cloud9:

MeMom I'm so sorry for the struggles and losses of your friends and their families. I will keep them and you in my prayers.

I have heard of Kitty Wells. You and your church family have lost a great person and country music has lost a great voice.

Good to see you here, buddy! Glad we could bring you a smile. :) If you could only pick one of those pictures to jump into, which would it be?

Good to be back in town :laughing: Hmmm... I hope this isn't rhetorical because then things just got awkward, but... the Polynesian or the Fountain of Nations, I miss both so much :lovestruc

I'd like to ask you all to keep a couple of families in your thoughts and prayers in the days ahead. The lady that has been sitting at the other end of my pew at church for the last several years died this week. She was a sweet, unassuming lady named Muriel in real life, but to the country music world, her name was Kitty Wells. Some of you from the southern states have heard of her, I'm sure. Her husband, Johnnie Wright, sang with her. He died last fall. They had kids and grandkids who grew up going to the same school my kids grew up in. Keep her family in your prayers as they grieve their loved one.

Also, keep in mind the lady that sits behind me. Her name is Cheryl. Her husband has been sick off and on for years, and the only troubles she has had is knee issues. She found out while I was gone to Florida that she has inoperable cancer in her stomach. She said the first thing she thought of when they told her was how fast Joan was gone. She's concerned about her grandchildren, because her son has already died and she helps with his children and with her daughter's children. Losing her will leave a huge void for this family. She's concerned about her husband being sick and alone. This is a very giving couple who met when they were both living in an 'orphan home', so they have grown up together.

As always, we don't know when our time will come to leave this earth, so let's make the best and the most of the opportunities we have to live and love and give and serve. Thank you for your friendships that brighten our lives daily! :flower3:

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, MeMom. I will keep both in my thoughts and prayers along with their families. Hope they all find strength in these harsh times along with those ahead! :-)

Are you there on the night of the 12th? We're going to try to meet up with Katie that evening before her castle meal. Would that work for you, maybe?

Unfortunately that night is our dinner with the other ip-dips. Then I think we might got o Poly to watch the fireworks and have a lapu lapu.

I started a pre tr here on the DIS if you would like to follow.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959693

I will certainly keep your friends & their families in my prayers. :hug:

It sounds like a good-sized group will be at WDW Christmas/New Years 2013! Cool!! I might have to plan on being there...:cool1:

Your water pictures were lovely!!! What a nice way to capture all those. I think at too often we rush by things & don't savor their beauty; I know I am guilty of that! Thanks for the great images!!

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and apologize for the new report taking so long to start. It is entirely my fault. I have about 32,000 things on my plate right now. I am the only person in the office for 6 weeks while my boss is out on medical leave. I am running a school of 145 students, touring and enrolling new families for the upcoming school year, planning a 2 day teacher conference, doing prek assessments, and planning prek orientation. On top of all that Brooklynn starts school in 2 weeks, her birthday is in 4 weeks, and her party is in 4 and a half weeks. Oh yeah and some time in the next 8 weeks I'm supposed to give birth. I should have the new report started by this weekend, please just bear with me.

Two weeks? Didn't MA get the memo about schools starting late in Alabama this year? Obviously we don't have to follow the guidelines, but we did postpone our start until the 15th.

Seriously, though, don't worry about the report. We'll all be around to read it when life settles down a bit for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter