All Adult February 2023 Trip Repot

Joysnote

Mouseketeer
Walt Disney World February 2023 Trip Report

Cast: Joy, DH Lynn, DS Dylan & DIL Steph.

Travel Dates: February 23-27, 2023

Details:

Thursday: February 23, 2023- We left home about 10:40 am to drop off our dog, Dexter at boarding and then drive to Dallas, love field flying out on Southwest. We found a parking spot super close to the entrance but it was on open top deck 4 and then at TSA check we got pulled to priority lane so that was quick and fast. We had lunch at Maggiano’s. We had the type of flight were it continued on, but we had to fly first to Austin, and plane was very uncrowded, no one was in middle seat for that 35 minute flight. We moved to row 14 with all extra leg room while we were stopped but someone did sit in middle here, it was complete full flight.. Landed at 6:30 pm in Orlando and grabbed jersey mikes sandwiches and our luggage and down to ground transfers for Mears. Check in was quick and were were quickly on our motor coach headed to WDW. We were staying first night only at All Star Sports & it was the second stop, and we are in center court section about as far as possible from the lobby, but that is okay at least smaller resort. We showered & went to bed set alarm for 6:50 am to buy genie plus and then buy our IAS (Individual Attraction Selections) for Seven Dwarf Mine Train and make first Genie Plus selection in the morning since we are going to Magic Kingdom. We slept well.

February 24, 2023: Friday-Woke up with alarm purchased genie plus it was $22 per person plus tax today, then at 7 am on the dot bought 7 dwarfs at $22 also per person then make first genie plus for Pirates of the Caribbean. Dozed back to sleep for a while got up almost 8 am showered and packed up, took our suitcase to bell services to have them transfer to Port Orleans French Quarter, grabbed some coffee in food court and took bus to Magic Kingdom.

Had issue with tickets and magic bands supposedly due to stay at Sports overnight and not yet checked in French Quarter. The tickets are booked with package at POFQ so we had to go over to guests services where she had to fix issue and load unto our magic bands and then we got ticket cards for Dylan and Steph since they were not meeting us until Saturday, they had to work today. Guest Services gave us 2 bonus genie plus LLs for issues. Those you can use on most anything but not 7 dwarf or Space Mountain etc.

Once inside MK and taking a few photos of the castle, we headed directly to Pirates and made our LL (Lightening Lane) and had a great ride then, used a bonus genie plus LL at Jungle cruise. We made another LL for Haunted Mansion and then time to check in for our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:30 this will be our breakfast and lunch. Enjoyed out meal and it was time to ride haunted mansion, and made next LL for Peter Pan with return for 7 pm. We used next bonus LL for Big Thunder Mountain and had a great ride as usual. We headed toward Fantasyland since we did everything we wanted to do on this side of park & did Mickey Philharmagic with no wait. It is now time for our IAS LL for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and had an excellent ride..

The sun is really taking a toll on us and the heat so we decided to go back to resort to rest and check in etc and get our luggage. We decided to take the train to the front of the park and go through Tron, I had seen it at night in December with all the lights going but now I am seeing in daytime and looks like fun!!! it’s about 1:40 so we head to bus stop and get to French Quarter just after 2 pm. I can make another LL so I picked It’s a Small World. We had to wait until 3 pm for our room to be ready so we waited in the food court and got 2 drinks and found a place to sit with outlet to charge our phones. We got our room number 3101 in building 3 on ground floor. We grabbed suitcase on way to room and took a rest until about. 5. I mobile ordered one chili in bread bowl from food court and Lynn went got it while I got dressed, we shared it and headed back to bus stop to Magic Kingdom. I made another LL for Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at bus stop waiting. . We headed back to Fantasyland and rode IASW first, then Peter Pan followed by Pooh Bear and then I got an immediate LL for Mad Tea Party so we went on that.. \We were satisfied with 11 rides using lightening lanes and headed to front of park to watch fireworks. I know better inside but so crowded we sat just outside the turnstiles and watched and heard show then headed to bus and back in room by 9:30 pm. It was a great day in the fact that we had no lines for anything and got to do a lot but the heat made it less optimal. Set alarm for 6:50 again to buy Genie plus and then buy an IAS LL for Rise of the Resistance and then make first Genie Plus LL for Smugglers and we have breakfast ADR for Hollywood & Dine at 8:50 in Hollywood Studios.
mail

Walt Disney World February 2023 Trip Report 2

February 26, 2023 Saturday- We both slept well and set alarm for 6:50 am again to buy genie plus it was a bit less today only $20:per person plus tax but had to buy for 4 today, Dylan and Steph will be meeting us this morning, they live in Orlando, so this is a combo trip to spend time with our son and daughter in law and visit Disney World. I bought 4 IAS selection LL’s for Rise of the Resistance at 1-2 pm right on the dot at 7 am EST, They were $18 per person plus tax.. Then I made first genie plus LL for Mickey and Minnie runaway railway 8:30 to 9:30.. We got up and got ready and headed to bus for Hollywood Studios . We barely made it into the early entry line at 8:25 and then went on Mickey and Minnie runaway railing and had fun experience. I love this attraction!! While I was in queue waiting to board I made another LL for Smugglers run and then we checked in for our Hollywood and Dine breakfast, We had a nice breakfast and saw the Disney Junior characters, Fancy Nancy, Vampira & Doc McStuffigans and then we also had Goofy. Our server was very friendly and attentive and the food was pretty good always fresh on buffet.

After breakfast Lynn and I rode Star Tours with less the. 10 minutes standby, we had excellent ride with all new sequences we never had before. Then we did Muppets 3 D with no wait and headed to Galaxy Edge to wait for Dylan and Steph, did I mention how hot it is here? Near 90 degrees and full sun every day. It is brutal for February.

I was able to make another LL for Tower of Terror while I was waiting for them. We met up and did Smugglers run and then Rise of Resistance. They loved them both and had never done either. From there we stopped at ABC commissary for some adult beverages and to cool down.. After that we were all able to do Star Wars again standby with less than 10 minute wait this time we had sequence that we had done many times. From there it was time for our Tower of Terror LL We got front row and had like 8 drops. I was able to make a Toy Story mania LL once we scanned into TOT queue for 6 -7pm. We headed to our 4;45 dinner reservations at Sci Fi, we had fun in our cars and a nice dinner. I was able to get an alien saucers LL while we were at dinner, so we headed to Toy Story land after dinner and rode Alien Saucers and then Toy Story Mania.

We were all tired after that. Dylan and Steph drove us back to POFQ and were in by 8:30 to shower and get ready for bed. We are not spring chickens anymore, in our late 50’s so this heat is taking it out of us. However, with the LLs we feel we are still getting to do so many rides without any waits that we can take it slower and rest in between and head out early.
333603188_3469491356666493_6695009884502938377_n.jpg

February 26, 2023 Sunday- We were up at 6:50 again bought genie plus for all 4 and today is a bit more complicated since we have to add the virtual queue into the mix. Had the count down for virtual queue for guardians of galaxy & scored boarding group 21. Then purchased IAS lightening lane for Guardian of Galaxy as well so can ride twice then made genie plus lightening lane for Remy. Then we dozed a bit more and got up and got ready for early entry 9:30 am at Epcot. Our. bus was quite delayed arriving at Port Orleans due to the Run Disney events, but we managed to get to early entry and Dylan and Steph texted they are almost to parking lot from driving over from their home. We rode Spaceship earth waiting for them to arrive then rode again with them in standby both less than 5-minute waits. Now it’s time for our virtual queue ride at Guardians of Galaxy. Its line is probably twice as long as the lightening lane line, but it moved quickly. This was all our first time, and we all loved it. I was nervous because I do have motion issues and it was intense to me, but I did fine. It is probably as fast and intense as I can do on ride, but I loved it, so fun!!

It was time to check in for our 11:45 lunch at Space 220 so we headed that way. This is also all our first time eating here. We all loved the ride up to the restaurant. Really sets the tone for the experience. We were sat at a window table which was fun, so many different things floated by, space shuttles, astronauts, satellites etc. I had the buratta appetizer and steak for entree. Everything was amazing!! Excellent food and service, the server did a lot of space puns. Quite the experience of course $300 later for party of 4.

After lunch we rode mission space green less intense for Lynn and I, while Dylan rode orange.

Next time for our Soarin lightening lanes once we scanned in, I booked Living with Land LL for right after. We got middle seats so that was great & nothing was distorted. Then we relaxed on living with land after. The topiaries are out for Flrower and Garden starting on Tuesday so we got photos of most of them, lots of color this year!!

Now it is time for our IAS LL for Guardians of Galaxy, and we were quickly on. It was fun knowing what expect this time I could relax and enjoy more. I am really goad we could ride twice today.

Now it time for Remy, we rode the friendship boats across and had a fun ride. Remy is another top favorite and did not disappoint. I love this one! We stopped for some adult beverages in France and sat out by the water for a while. Dylan and Steph decided they needed to start heading home. We all walked out together and said our goodbyes. We won’t see them again until June. Lynn and I decided we did everything we were interested in too and headed back to Port Orleans French Quarter. We ended up getting one grilled chicken and a slice of pizza to share so we could taste each, both were good and headed to room to shower and unwind. The sun and heat take out the energy. We were in for the night by 7 pm.
333806067_1685044701898355_4437815843058077796_n.jpg

February 27, 2023: Monday- Once again, we had set alarm again for 6:50 am to buy Genie Plus then count down to 7 am to buy IAS lightening lane for Flight of Passage and then made first genie plus selection for Navi river. Trying to get both to ride around 1 pm for after lunch. We went back to sleep until about 8 :15 then slowly got ready and packed up.
We stopped for coffee and to drop luggage with bell services before taking bus to Animal Kingdom. On bus I got second LL for the Kilimanjaro Safari starting in about 15 minutes so we headed that way once we entered park.

We had extra-long ride, lots of animals out and giraffes kept getting in safari trucks ways and then later an ostrich wouldn’t budge. It seemed to be about 25-minute ride. Driver apologized but we loved it. All the trucks were all stopped. We got off at 11:30 which was our lunch time at Yak & Yeti so we hurried over and checked in. We were seated quickly. I had the Mongolian beef and Lynn Thai basil chicken both were excellent.

After that it was time to head towards Pandora. We rode Navi River first and the. Flight of Passage which was just as awesome as we remember. I had made a LL for dinosaur after Navi so we headed that way after FOP.

We probably haven’t rode dinosaur in about 10 years so I noticed a few things had changed slightly. I thought less scary since that dinosaur did not roar at us. I had made a lightening lane for It’s Tough To Be a Bug once we scanned into Dinosaur so we headed that way. It was cute as always. And nice to cool off in the AC.

Then we hit up the two big gift shops across from there for a while but didn’t find anything to buy but fun to look through. It’s just after 3 now so we decided to exit park. We took bus back to Port Orleans French Quarter and picked up luggage from bell services. We have about an hour now to wait for Sunshine Flyer back to airport so we got some coffee and a small order of beignets to spilt and wait at table with plugs so we can charge our phone etc.

The Sunshine flyer came about 5:30 pm and had one more stop at the Swan before heading to the airport. The TSA lines were quite long tonight about 30 minute wait. We got through and stopped for some dinner and our plane was delayed a bit. We finally boarded about 9:30 pm and landed about 11:30 pm in Dallas and headed home. It was a long day and we were quite tired.

We had a great vacation though. Went by too fast as always!

Final Thoughts: Lightening Lanes are so worth it, both with Genie Plus and Individual Attraction Selections. Make sure to look for the early morning entry lines at the parks for resort guests, they are a real time saver for getting quickly if staying in a Disney Resort.

Thanks for reading, next trip Disneyland in April at the Grand Californian!!
334061367_610459510925091_8390221710158514016_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter