• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Newness wear off??

DIZBOUND

DIS Veteran
WOW!! Just a question before I give some details of our trip... Does the excitement of DIsney ever wear off? This was our first DVC trip, 2nd ever to Disney (1st at CR for 5 days at Easter) Well this trip my DS 5 and DS 18 months were up every day of our 8 day trip at 4am!! Ready to go!! They ended up dying right around noon, but of course would not give up for a nap, so a bit of pool time was in order just to slow down for a bit. SO will they, the kids, ever get tired of the parks and the excitement of being there anytime soon???? DH and I wanted to spend more time at pool napping so we could get in WIshes. Just wasn't in the cards this trip as hard as we tried.

We stayed in a SV studio room 5501. OUr room was ready at 3 and beautiful. We were really taken aback due to the fact that we never even saw the models before buying nor spoke to a guide in person. ONly ooked through the DREAMS book. We were really amazed by the amount of activities that are offered each day for the kids to do free of charge. They loved it. my DS 18 months LOVED the Bingos (flamingos) by the pool.

Do all of the DVC resorts have free art activities for the kids to do?

I have to say staying in a SV room was great. THe view on the balacony is never the same, unlike other resorts. The food at BOMA and the Mara was fabulous. We were really surprised by the variety at Mara, since our only other experience with quick service was at the CR. WHich at the time was only chicken fingers and burgers.

The parks were pretty light. On almost all of the attractions there was no wait or just a wait for the next show to start. That was awesome:banana: :banana:

If anyone has any other questions regarding AKV I will not mind answering them even if they have been asked before. I will do my best to answer, as this was our 1st DVC trip.

Trying to plan our next trip for 2008 may be looking for a GV someplace. Great Grand parents want to join us. ANy advice would be appreciated. Would be 12 in the party.

It sounds like you had a fun first DVC trip!:cool1:

I think most deluxe WDW resorts seem to be increasing the activities held. I know at the Polynesian last month, there were kids painting Tiki masks one day which I'd never seen before. They make leis on another day, etc.. At BCV, I've seen a class for making towel animals and games in the lobby.

Did you notice how many wings on the 5th floor of AKV are open now. And are there still drapes up around the sixth floor?

Does the excitement of DIsney ever wear off?

Well, I have taken 10 trips to the World and have 3 more planned in the next 10 months - for us the magic and excitement of Disney never wears off! (There are many on these boards that have been WAY more times than me....I'm sure they will say the same thing.) We even take at least one trip per year without the kids!

Glad you loved AKV! We have stayed at the Lodge a couple of times, and are proud owners of AKV - with our first stay in April '08.

To answer your question about kids activities: I can only speak for SSR. There they have a whole variety of activities for kids, some at Community Hall, some at the main pool. Some are free, others for a small fee. All are fabulous! My kids enjoy the daily pool party at High Rock Spring pool. They seem to always come away with some sort of prize.

Thanks for the report!:goodvibes

Did you notice how many wings on the 5th floor of AKV are open now. And are there still drapes up around the sixth floor?

ON the Zebra the entire 5th floor appeared to be open. We were unable to enter the 5th floor on the other side. There was a rope closing off that section. As for the 6th floor, the only way we saw to get up there was via the elevator and you needed a key to get there. Where were the drapes before? From the lobby you could see people up there.

And yes we had an awesome time:goodvibes

Sounds like you had a fantastic 1st DVC trip home! Disney never gets old for us. We have been going twice a year since '97 and it just keeps on getting better. I'm glad to hear the SV was wonderful. We will be enjoying that in January and I can't wait.

Have fun planning many more DVC trips!!

Cyndi

Sounds like you had a great time.
We have been visiting Disney every year since our Honeymoon in 1993.
I wouldn't say that it has the newness it had the first few years. Our love and excitement for our annual trip to disney however has never decreased.
We are more excited for our 2008 trip than we have been in previous years as it will be our first visit as DVC members. We should have purchased DVC a long time ago, but I am happy we waited until our favorite resort (AKL) offered DVC.

ON the Zebra the entire 5th floor appeared to be open. We were unable to enter the 5th floor on the other side. There was a rope closing off that section. As for the 6th floor, the only way we saw to get up there was via the elevator and you needed a key to get there. Where were the drapes before? From the lobby you could see people up there.

And yes we had an awesome time:goodvibes

Yes, when we had breakfast at Boma in October, there were "drapes" over most of the 6th floor. But the lounge area was open. Thanks for your response and I'm glad you had an awesome stay!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter