AKL - visiting just to see the animals?

es45

DIS Veteran
Hi, are the viewing areas for the animals at AKL very good for those just visiting? We thought about taking a look around the lodge but with 2 kids, ages 8 and 6, they could care less about lodge theming - just the animals!

Oops! Looks like I posted this on the wrong board.

AKL has viewing areas around the resort. There are guides there to answer questions and point out rhe different animals. Our DGDs love going there to see the animals.

This is on of very few free things you can do a Disney. So I would definently do it. There are many different viewing area's. There or course is the main viewing area but if you walk down some of the hall there are outside viewing areas there with a couple of chairs. We stayed on the the 3rd floor and there were a couple areas to view from. Also if you are standing in the lobby with the check in desk to your back, over in the left hand corner there is a stairwell that leads up to a viewing area. This is a good place to get an overall over of the savannah. We also watch fireworks from there one night.

I did it this past weekend and my kids really enjoyed it. Go and check out the animals and eat at one of the great restaurants while you're there. :thumbsup2

dmuz6h.jpg

97le7p.jpg

2cpqo46.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter