AKL restaurant question

aring75

DIS Veteran
DH and I will be staying for two nights in a savannah-view room at AKL in November (sshhhh . . . it's a surprise ;) ).

He is a somewhat picky eater. Likes familiar foods, nothing too "weird". LOL

I like to try new things. Which restaurant at AKL would be our best bet?

Definitely not Boma (a restaurant I love, by the way). Lots of "weird" stuff, and even though he could have the prime rib, most people I know would feel a bit ripped off if they didn't want to eat 95% of the food offered at an (expensive) buffet.

Jiko is a sit down (non-buffet) restaurant, but I would definitely check the menu before you make a PS. The menu seems to change fairly often, and sometimes has an all-"weird" menu, and sometimes one with a few mainstream choices.

One of the nice things about the AKL is how it immerses you in an African setting. This is definitely true of its restaurants, as well.

The Filet with Mac n Cheese is "to die for"! Is definitely NOT your out of the box Mac n Cheese but for a non-adventurous eater you can not go wrong.

I'm hungry just thinking about it.

-LA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter