AKL is it hot?

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
Staying at AKL from 11/28-12/4. I really love this resort. However, every time I try to get DH hyped about the resort by showing him pics, he just says eh... Looks hot ....

Last time he was at Disney was in Oct and when we visited the AK it was HOT and DH doesn't do hot. That one of the reasons why we picked this time of year to go. He is willing to stay there because it is the resort me and DD love. He like the resorts with the beaches, BC, CSR, maybe poly. To him, even though you can't swim, they look less hot... So if the resort is hot like he thinks he will not enjoy it. I would love to stay at BC but it is even more money than AKL. :eek: I don't want to stay at CSR again... I like it but I want something new.

Can someone please reasure DH that the resort is not hot? OR maybe he is right?

Thanks!:flower3:

I don 't think I posted this in the right srea.. Re-posting in the general resort forum.

AKL is gorgeous and has air conditioning and a great pool ;)
There's lots of lush landscaping and plenty of shady areas. I don't think you will have a problem with the heat, any more than at any of the other resorts - especially in November/December.
AKL is beautiful! Enjoy.

We typically go in October but this time we went in June. Yes, it is hot in the parks in October and AK in my opinion is one of the hotter parks because of little shade and it's a huge park so more walking. As for AKV/ L, I thought it was cool while dining at Jiko, Sanaa, Boma, and Mara but not too cool. Jiko is awesome so you may want to try it while you are there. Our room was always comfortable. Out patio had a pretty good breeze. As for the pool at AKV we had to walk across the road and it had little shade. They did pool game with the kids. We did go to AKL and their pool appeared to have more shade around the sides. We have been to Disney World in May, June, Sept, and October. It's hot in all 4 of those months no matter where you are at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter