• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Concierge$$$$

schumacher

Mouseketeer
Excuse me if this has been asked 100 times but not sure how to search this. I have a trip planned to WDW WL in December and although we love the WL, my youngest DD has made some noise about wanting to go to AKL. I must admit that staying at AKL for a couple days does intrigue me, especially the sunrise safari. Now if I understand correctly, the only way to go on the Sunrise Safari is to stay in the Concierge. If this is correct, how much additional $ am I looking at to stay in the Concierge at the AKL? Are all the Concierge rooms the same price or are they Standard rack rates with a premium for the service tacked on? Is it worth it in your opinions just to go on the Safari?

Cheers,

Schuey

The lowest I've seen a concierge room at AKL is for around $300 plus tax per night. Now, that is with an Annual Pass rate. The rack rate is $425 per night plus tax. Aslso, these rates are for vlaue season, they will get higher depending on what season you are traveling in. The Sunrise Safari will also incur a separate charge. The price is approx $50 per adult and $25 per child. I've stayed at AKL in concierge and it is a wonderful place, with wonderful service. I haven't taken the sunrise safari yet, but plan to when my children are a little older!!!

Hi there...

You can expect to tack on a premium $100-150.00 per night to the cost of a deluxe savanna view room ~ whether it is rack or a reduced rate.

For this $100-150.00 per night extra, you get a nice continental breakfast daily, snacks and drinks during the day, tea service with food in the afternoon, hot and cold appetizers in the late afternoon, evening desserts and cordials.

You also get curbside check in, access to the concierge lounge, turndown service in the evenings, the services of an itinerary planner prior to your arrival.

The sunrise safari & breakfast is definately worth the $50.00/25.00 (you also must have park admission to participate)

Just a note ~ concierge rooms can be pool view or savanna view, neither is guaranteed ~ but I am yet to hear of someone who did not receive savanna when they requested it.

I have some photos of AKL concierge and the safari on my website link below.

:)

>>^..^<<

We will be at AKL Concierge very soon, Aug. 11th to the 15th. I got an AAA discount of $72.00 a night .
If you are an AAA member call CRO and ask for the AAA discount.

Good luck and I hope you find a discount.

Mrs.A,
That's not bad! I have already booked my WL stay with a AAA discount. I have been hoping, like alot of others, for AP rates but I was wondering if they discounted the Concierge or not. You have answered my question. DW is very partial to WL so she may not be real wound up for moving but you have given me an extra incentive. Thanks.

Cheers,

Schuey

Originally posted by Mrs.A
We will be at AKL Concierge very soon, Aug. 11th to the 15th. I got an AAA discount of $72.00 a night .
If you are an AAA member call CRO and ask for the AAA discount.

OK, I know there are some good discounts, but that seems a little too good.

If the AKL Concierge usually goes for about $425.00, who did you have to kill to get it for $72.00 (if my math is right that is about 80% off!!)??

If that's right, you got the deal of all deals!!:p

Originally posted by dznyntnh
OK, I know there are some good discounts, but that seems a little too good.

If the AKL Concierge usually goes for about $425.00, who did you have to kill to get it for $72.00 (if my math is right that is about 80% off!!)??

If that's right, you got the deal of all deals!!:p

I think this poster was referring to getting $72 off rack rate, not paying $72 per night!!!

I'm not sure if it is worth it, but we are doing this in late November. My son love AK and I knew that he would really love the Sunrise Safari. So we booked a couple of nights concierge, so that we could do this. I have a lot to learn about concierge, since we have stayed several times at the Insitute and will be staying the rest of trip this time at OKW. I am sure that there is a big difference in the drive up to your door places and the concierge/valet parking type places. I don't want to make any big mistakes.

But, back on topic. I think it will be well worth it and we planning on doing it at rack rate if no discounts come out, but I sure do have my fingers crossed. Really excited about trying out a new resort too!
Good Luck
Pam

Originally posted by schumacher
Excuse me if this has been asked 100 times but not sure how to search this. I have a trip planned to WDW WL in December and although we love the WL, my youngest DD has made some noise about wanting to go to AKL. I must admit that staying at AKL for a couple days does intrigue me, especially the sunrise safari. Now if I understand correctly, the only way to go on the Sunrise Safari is to stay in the Concierge. If this is correct, how much additional $ am I looking at to stay in the Concierge at the AKL? Are all the Concierge rooms the same price or are they Standard rack rates with a premium for the service tacked on? Is it worth it in your opinions just to go on the Safari?

Cheers,

Schuey

We paid $277 a night including tax with an AP for our AKL Concierge room this past Feb. It was value season and rack rate at that time is $425 plus tax a night.

Originally posted by jel0511
I think this poster was referring to getting $72 off rack rate, not paying $72 per night!!!

Oh my I wish it were $72.00 a night we'd be staying a month instead of 5 days.
Sorry for the confusion it is $72.00 off the rack rate.;) ;)

I'm just so excited because we leave on Aug 1st for our vacation.

We stayed in a savannah view last year (september) with the fall code rate (?$189). When we got there we asked about the possibility of upgrading to concierge and were told it would be an additional $120 a night. I asked if there were any special rates for upgrading and when they checked they noticed that concierge was all booked up (didn't hurt to ask though!). I guess the standard upgrade is $120 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter