AK after dark or Yehaa Bob?

jlnten17

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We have one night in our trip with no plans so we want to try something new. We have never stayed in AK past dark. I hear good thinks about tree of life awakenings. I also have heard good reviews of Yehaa Bob and would like to check out PORS as we have never been there either. Sadly i can only choose one. Which is better? It is dh myself dd age 4 and ds age 2. If we see PORS we will do AK another morning. If we do AK at night we will probably sleep in one day and skip PORS.

Not knowing what month you are going or how late AK will be open that night, but --

I've been seeing AK closing times of 7PM and 8PM for my general time frame.

Yehaa Bob show starts at 8:30PM, and it's OK to arrive late.

So unless you are going in summer when it gets dark late, you may be able to do both. You can stay at AK long enough to see the first tree of life show (this show lasts just a few minutes), then go catch the beginning of Yehaa Bob show, then leave and go put the kids to bed.

These two shows are such different experiences that I don't feel it makes sense to say that one is "better". Both are great. The Yehaa Bob show is family-friendly, but probably not so interesting for kids as young as yours. Better for slightly older kids and adults. Maybe do the tree show this time, and do the Yehaa Bob show some other future trip when the kids are a little older. I've seen lots of kids at the Yehaa Bob show but not many toddlers.

you didn't mention when you were coming, it might be possible to do both.

For kids, it's really just the tree of life awakening that is available and different from the day. You'll want to do AK in the day with kids as a lot of is is not opened during ak at night. You could see that on your way out and just head directly to yehaa bob.

Thanks! We are there next week. I think we will try to do AK in the afternoon and head out after seeing the first awakening.

I do think you can get in both, especially next week.

Not knowing what month you are going or how late AK will be open that night, but --

I've been seeing AK closing times of 7PM and 8PM for my general time frame.

Yehaa Bob show starts at 8:30PM, and it's OK to arrive late.

So unless you are going in summer when it gets dark late, you may be able to do both. You can stay at AK long enough to see the first tree of life show (this show lasts just a few minutes), then go catch the beginning of Yehaa Bob show, then leave and go put the kids to bed.

These two shows are such different experiences that I don't feel it makes sense to say that one is "better". Both are great. The Yehaa Bob show is family-friendly, but probably not so interesting for kids as young as yours. Better for slightly older kids and adults. Maybe do the tree show this time, and do the Yehaa Bob show some other future trip when the kids are a little older. I've seen lots of kids at the Yehaa Bob show but not many toddlers.
While true if you arrive late on a weekend you won't be seeing the show from the lounge. It's beyond standing room only. We always just stick around and see the 2nd show instead.

The Tree of Life awakening...is...so...slow...and...boring... I would choose Yehaa Bob in an instant.
I second this. And please arrive early to the YeHaa Bob show to get a seat. It's very popular and a small long and will fill up early. We usually let the kids pick out a treat and get a drink while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter