Airport Screener Answering Questions

bmartin1206

Mouseketeer
I work for TSA in baggage and passenger screening and offer to answer you questions.

Tip "O" the day - Carry on unexposed film. Unexposed film put into checked luggage may be ruined in the CATSCAN/Xray.

I was at my local Ritz Camera today and they have a BIG sign posted that says they are seeing lots of ruined film due to the new Xray machines for checked luggage, and that they recommend carrying on your film.

I've heard a few people have had their film turn out but I bet it's very few. Why risk it. I've heard some of the airline ticket agents mention it to passengers. I can't beleive they don't have a big 'ol sign. I hate to open a bag and see someone's film in there. Happens all the time.

What about computer discs? We have a Sony Mavica that uses the regular 3 1/2 x 5 disc. Are they effected?

Hi Bmartin, thanks for answering our questions.

I get gout attacks from time to time and they tend to be very, very debilitating, thus requiring the use of crutches.

I was considering bringing along mine on our October trip but wasn't sure what the policy might be. They are aluminum by the way. Not sure if that matters. Will I have to check them with my baggage or may I bring them onboard the plane?

Sorry I can't get logged out of my daughter's log in but in referance to your crutches, You can check them with luggage or bring them along. They will want to run them through xray before you can go through the walk through metal detector. If you need them to walk they should let you walk through with them at which point they will find a seat for you for additional screening and run them through then.

We have to carry epi-pens for my daughter's food allergies. Will we have any problems because of those?

Thanks in Advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter