Age Proof

BriLam

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Looking to potentially visit WDW right before my little guy's third birthday. I realize he'd still be free, but do I need to bring proof or similar to verify this? Just worried we might be questioned then potentially be in a pickle without proof.

Thanks in advance.

From what I understand, your word is good at Disney.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had a negative experience. I would like to do a trip for my son's 3rd birthday to get him in free one more time. He's 14 months now and very big/tall (over 31 inches and about 27-28 lbs). Multiple people have asked me if he is 2. I just hope we aren't hassled if he continues to look old for his age.

We took our daughter two weeks before her 3rd birthday. She is quite tall for her age. I was nervous and packed a copy of her birth certificate just in case. We didn't experience anything negative at the gates, but did receive a comment ("she's a big two year old") from a castmember at Hollywood and Vine for our dinner one evening. That was the only thing I heard about it during our week long trip.

Usually your word is all it takes. Some people carry copies of their child's birth certificate as a means of worst case scenario prep but I have never heard of anyone who was asked to give more than their child's birth date verbally but some like to have the proof just in case.

Our youngest dd went on her first trip at almost 2.5. She walked around half the time saying she was 3. Thankfully with her 2.5 yr old speak it sounded mostly like she was extremely proud of her getting into Disney "free" status. "I'm free" she would proudly announce randomly all week :scared:
No one batted an eye, except dh and I...

From what I understand, your word is good at Disney.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had a negative experience. I would like to do a trip for my son's 3rd birthday to get him in free one more time. He's 14 months now and very big/tall (over 31 inches and about 27-28 lbs). Multiple people have asked me if he is 2. I just hope we aren't hassled if he continues to look old for his age.

My kiddo was always very tall for her age, but I was never asked to verify her age.

My DS9 is also very tall for his age and, on our last trip in December, I was asked twice if he needed an adult menu at a restaurant. I told them he was 9 and that was the end of the conversation. They have his birthdate in my MDE account as well, so as soon as he turns 10, they will know! We've been going to WDW regularly since he was 1 and we've never been asked for any ID for DS.

I took a big 2.5 year old about 2 years ago. We were only asked the kids' ages at buffet restaurants and when we said 2 no one questioned us.

Our experience has been similar. When we took DS at 2.5, I did have his birth certificate just in case we were questioned, but we never needed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter